• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just for fun

Rusty

imported post

This is just for fun.

Ok, so the zombie apocalypse has happened. You need to bug out to a safe location. You have to walk. What weapons do you take with you, and why? Just enough to carry (so you cant take an M-60 and a .50 sniper, and a riot shotgun, no way you could carry all that plus ammo)

Lets say they are typical slow dumb zombies.

So far my list is:

AR-15 with a nice 3x scope and a red dot: I suspect that .223 will be widely available, thats what Law Enforcement uses, as well as military. Plus it is pretty light.

HK MP5 in 9mm: Light, good close in weapon. 9mm ammo is widely available

Machete or Katana: (I probably spelled that wrong). You need something for close in, that is not gonna run out of ammo.

Still on the fence about a shotgun. I like the idea of the firepower it brings, but ammo is pretty heavy, and I already have a pretty heavy load.

I also think a semi-auto .22 would be a good choice. Nice and quiet, deadly accurate (if used close enough), plus you can kill small critters for food with it. That .223 is not gonna be useful for a rabbit or something. Big bonus here is you can carry a lot of ammo (like thousands of rounds) for not that much weight.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

SouthBayr

imported post

Maybe a case of old records/vinyl... didn't they throw records at the zombies in Shaun of the Dead.

Sorry couldn't resist.

After seeing the Book of Eli, a nice sword is all one would need.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

4125B4ZVXHL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Surviv...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264121322&sr=8-1

dirtykoala

imported post

Rusty wrote:
This is just for fun.

Ok, so the zombie apocalypse has happened. You need to bug out to a safe location. You have to walk. What weapons do you take with you, and why? Just enough to carry (so you cant take an M-60 and a .50 sniper, and a riot shotgun, no way you could carry all that plus ammo)

Lets say they are typical slow dumb zombies.

So far my list is:

AR-15 with a nice 3x scope and a red dot: I suspect that .223 will be widely available, thats what Law Enforcement uses, as well as military. Plus it is pretty light.

HK MP5 in 9mm: Light, good close in weapon. 9mm ammo is widely available

Machete or Katana: (I probably spelled that wrong). You need something for close in, that is not gonna run out of ammo.

Still on the fence about a shotgun. I like the idea of the firepower it brings, but ammo is pretty heavy, and I already have a pretty heavy load.

I also think a semi-auto .22 would be a good choice. Nice and quiet, deadly accurate (if used close enough), plus you can kill small critters for food with it. That .223 is not gonna be useful for a rabbit or something. Big bonus here is you can carry a lot of ammo (like thousands of rounds) for not that much weight.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

impossible scenario. i know would be able to drive at least out of city limits, thats why i bought the car that i did.

that being said, costco online has 30 day food supplies for $70, i will be getting 2-4 of those.anAR-15 in.223 with a .22 conversion kit would cover 2 guns (not as accurate in .22, but oh well, 1 less gun to carry) my glock .40, and my 12 ga. i also want a remington 700 in .308 so i can really reach out and touch someone. and a hatchet, one like mel gibson had in the patriot. oh, and a bunch of mini propane bottles taped to flares.

keep in mind that due to the zombies decaying bodies, their limbs are easy to remove with a firm pull, you can use the zombies limbs against them if you run out of ammo.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Zombies don't shoot, are pretty slow moving, and are not held together very well...

And since I am a direct descendant of the great samurai, Keyamura Rokusuke,all I would need is my katana (my samurai soul).

But I would also carry my Glock 35, locked and loaded, in case I come across any non-zombie BGs.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Pump your brakes!

We first must establish something here. Are we talking about the Olympic-sprinter zombies from Dawn of the Dead (2004) and the rage-crazy Bloodlusters of 28 Days and Weeks later or the old man walkers of Night of the Living Dead?

If we're talking high-class athelete zombies, then we'll need large caliber high capacity assault weapons and large capacity high caliber handguns. You've got to at least stop them. Getting headshots like the do in the movie on someone that is running so fast is not going to happen very often. Shotguns would be nice, but only in those tight spots where you may need to drop a couple at distance (such as 20 yards or so. Again, headshots will be hard and these suckers are still going to get up and come after you after being shot anywhere else, so you need to buy time to get to safe or fortified positions, or kill your self. To Hell with being munched on.

For the slow movers, shotguns, and lots of ammunition. In general, you're not going to get so close to these clowns, you can run right around them. For the tight situations, you'll need a shot gun. Typically you'll be able to take your time. Handguns of any caliber capable of easily piercing the cranium and causing damage to the brain is ideal as well. If Kel-tec ever comes out with their 30-round 22 magnum PMR-30 with the 30-round magazine, I think that would be a fine piece of equipment to have if headshots if your only choice.

If I remember correctly, the zombies from 28 Days and Weeks Later were capable of dying from the same trauma. So the same rules to killing people apply. Except they won't be afraid of your gun.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

I would just carry the brightest laser pen out there with tons of batteriesand blind the crap out of any zombie that got near me.

That or a flamethrower hah.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Did kommifornia pass a being chased by zombie exemption to unloaded only carry?

This might surprise you, but even dumb mules will get a move on when chased
by zombies. So pack em up. But I will carry the 50 for those long range hunts.
I can use the smaller arms to retrieve more ammo at a later date.
Nothing discourages poachers more than being picked off miles from their target.

Just wish there was a way to make foo-gas keep for long term perimeter defense.

SurferStevo

imported post

dirtykoala said:
>costco online has 30 day food supplies for $70, i will be getting 2-4 of those

Really? Lemon bars?
Well, I guess you need something to eat.

Okay, no transportation. Can I bring my folding cart? I'd stock it with some e-foodsdirect.com 7 day responders, ammo, 12g shotgun, AR-15. My wife & kid can sling their 22's. Machete is a good idea as well. On me I'd have a rapid deployment pack with ammo & mags in it.
I'd be ready for the zombieland type zombies. Fun movie BTW.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SurferStevo wrote:
dirtykoala said:
>costco online has 30 day food supplies for $70, i will be getting 2-4 of those

Really? Lemon bars?
Well, I guess you need something to eat.

Okay, no transportation. Can I bring my folding cart? I'd stock it with some e-foodsdirect.com 7 day responders, ammo, 12g shotgun, AR-15. My wife & kid can sling their 22's. Machete is a good idea as well. On me I'd have a rapid deployment pack with ammo & mags in it.
I'd be ready for the zombieland type zombies. Fun movie BTW.

Someone gave me a HeaterMeal Plus (a consumer type of MRE). Well, I once, I figured, I've got other MRE's from military and red cross surplus, let me eat this thing. Well, it was quite good, lots of food packed in a not so huge box.

Well, I finally went to their website: http://www.heatermeals.com/

I realized that I ate the single most expensive meal that I have ever chowed down on..... ever...

SurferStevo

imported post

>Well, I finally went to their website: http://www.heatermeals.com/

I realized that I ate the single most expensive meal that I have ever chowed down on..... ever...

I looked at the website a 12 of heater ma\eals costs $52.68 - that breaks down to $4.39 per meal. You could do a lot worse at Burger King or Carl's Jr.
What are the package dimentions? Would carrying a 12 pack slow you down enough for you to be zombie food?

yelohamr

imported post

Stock up on Twinkies they have something like a 30 year shelf life. Just don't eat so many you get a tendency to shoot gays or politicians.:quirky Unless they are zombies.

NightOwl

imported post

Yelo...aren't most politicians already zombies?

*disclaimer: I am in no way advocating the shooting of politicians, it was a joke. I do, however, advocate voting most of the current crop of them out of office.

yelohamr

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Yelo...aren't most politicians already zombies?

*disclaimer: I am in no way advocating the shooting of politicians, it was a joke. I do, however, advocate voting most of the current crop of them out of office.
Vote in zombies, if they act up we can always shoot them.