• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just for fun

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SurferStevo wrote:
>Well, I finally went to their website:  http://www.heatermeals.com/

I realized that I ate the single most expensive meal that I have ever chowed down on..... ever...

I looked at the website a 12 of heater maeals costs $52.68 - that breaks down to $4.39 per meal. You could do a lot worse at Burger King or Carl's Jr.
  What are the package dimentions? Would carrying a 12 pack slow you down enough for you to be zombie food?

Well, the meal I ate was from the $86 packs, but I just realized upon closer examination that they are 12 packs. So I retract my previous statement with a bit of humility thanks, guess I'll reconsider buying these, that was pretty tasty meal.

coolusername2007

imported post

Wow, I learned a lot in this thread...Costco 30-day meal pack and heatermeals. Has anyone tried the Costco meals? How do they taste? Looks like the heatermeals are much better (but more expensive).

I would carry my Rem 700 in .308with all the rounds I could carry...I hate close quarter zombie combat. Gives me the heebie geebies. Then I would carry my 9mm, my Ontario Marine Raider Bowie, my CS 18" Bowie Machete, and hunting scent blocker. Oh, and can't forget my Oakley shades,canteen, leatherman, and tactical super bright light.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Wow, I learned a lot in this thread...Costco 30-day meal pack and heatermeals.  Has anyone tried the Costco meals?  How do they taste?  Looks like the heatermeals are much better (but more expensive).

I would carry my Rem 700 in .308 with all the rounds I could carry...I hate close quarter zombie combat.  Gives me the heebie geebies.  Then I would carry my 9mm, my Ontario Marine Raider Bowie, my CS 18" Bowie Machete, and hunting scent blocker.  Oh, and can't forget my Oakley shades, canteen, leatherman, and tactical super bright light.

Definitely consider military grade MRE's. I got several from the red cross that didn't want them anymore. They actually last a long long time (on the order of a decade or so). Some of these more commercial grade MRE's have a claim of one to three years, but that may only be for liability as I'm sure, if sealed properly and stored properly, they'll last as long a military grade stuff.

Prophet

imported post

I too would like a katana blade or something sweet like Eli was swinging in The Book of Eli movie (great flick by the way).

There is one caveat there though that must be address. Are these zombies that are infectious? Do they have to bite you and thus make you a zombie? Or, like in 28 days later will just some bodily fluid in an open cut or liquid membrane(ie eyeball) be enough to make you a zombie? Swords are definately out for the latter kind of zombies but would be acceptable for a last resort weapon against biters. Slow moving Night of the Living Dead zombies had to actually kill you before you turned so for them a sword is a legit primary weapon.

Now on to the question at hand from the OP.

A couple of 1911.45's. Two to compensate for the low capacity but the 45 delivers enough trauma to stop zombies with a good head shot. .22's just don't seem to be able to get the job done.

A Serbu Super Shorty shotgun. For when it gets up close and personal and you need a shotgun. Short barrel for lighter weight and more wieldy.

As much as I would love to say Barret light 50 sniper rifle, if I don't have a vehicle i sure as hell aint gonna be hauling that beast around trying to outrun the undead. Maybe an M-4, laser sighted with a scope thrown in. That way if I need to reach out and touch someone from a distance I can and if i find myself foolishly in a tight space I still have a weapon I can use.

As you can see the pattern is short barrels and high impact weapons. The ammo is gonna weigh you down but you're gonna lose less sweat with the weapons themselves.

And yeah...a Katana sword too.

As a side thing, more for the armageddon portion of zombiegeddon, a bow and arrow. Use that to hunt for food since you can usually retrieve and reuse your arrows. No need to waste what you may not be able to replace (bullets)

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Prophet wrote:
There is one caveat there though that must be address. Are these zombies that are infectious? Do they have to bite you and thus make you a zombie? Or, like in 28 days later will just some bodily fluid in an open cut or liquid membrane(ie eyeball) be enough to make you a zombie?

I hadn't thought of that, but thanks, now I have images of crazed people vomiting blood and other bodily fluids into my mouth...

I say, work desperately on not letting any version of zombie touch you. If you come across the bodily-fluid Zombies, save the sword to off your self Samurai style.

SurferStevo

imported post

Have you guys tried this flash game out?
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Toxie-Radd-2.html
For the zombie killing in this game I like the flame thrower, them there is the electric shock gun. This is the best weapon in the game IMO, I love that gun it continues to transfer electricity between zombie that are close to each other.
Fun game & check out the weapons selection: grenades, chainsaw, katana, & much more.