• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I agreed with Chief Flynn

Geoff

imported post

You read that correctly folks. I just saw a news clip of Flynn and he said, "Sometimes success is measured by what doesn't happen."

Now if only he could see how this applies to open carrying.

Geoff

Packer fan

imported post

Despite the quick police response, five people were shot. Flynn believes no policing strategy can prevent deadly violence before it happens. He says, "That's going to take more than a police response to break through an attitude, that's going to take a community response."
Milwaukee police recovered several guns from the scene. It all begs the issue for coming up with a long term solution to the debate of too many guns or not enough control.

How can the community respond by the lawful carrying of firearms.:celebrate

Mayor Tom Barrett believes part of the solution starts with a zero gun attitude taught at home, and in the community. He says, "I'm trying to get the mothers and the sisters to say if you love your son, if he tells you he's gotta have a gun. He's not doing himself any good...All you're doing is creating a situation where you are much more likely to put yourself in harms way."

Let me ask you this Mr Mayor, why isn't Daddy at home? Why not tell Dads to teach their sons how to be a man and takeresponsibility and that raping, thieving, murdering etc, are wrong and will put yourself in harms way. Tell parents the next time your kids act like little hellions take them over your knee and give them a goodold fashion spanking.

Oh sorry, that is much to close to Bible principles can't have that.:uhoh:

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Packer fan wrote:
Mayor Tom Barrett believes part of the solution starts with a zero gun attitude taught at home, and in the community. He says, "I'm trying to get the mothers and the sisters to say if you love your son, if he tells you he's gotta have a gun. He's not doing himself any good...All you're doing is creating a situation where you are much more likely to put yourself in harms way."
What a moron. And this guy wants to be Governor? Didn't he learn his lesson on blaming physical things for sources of violence from the 90s when the Democrats tried to blame teen violence on Violent Video Games, something that's never had a shred of credible evidence to it?

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Packer fan wrote:
Let me ask you this Mr Mayor, why isn't Daddy at home? Why not tell Dads to teach their sons how to be a man and takeresponsibility and that raping, thieving, murdering etc, are wrong and will put yourself in harms way. Tell parents the next time your kids act like little hellions take them over your knee and give them a goodold fashion spanking.

I don't have any sons, but I do have daughters. I will be buying my oldest her first .22 rifle in the next few weeks - a Crickett Junior model; and of course it will be pink...

I fear that her school will attempt to indoctrinate her into thinking the same way Flynn and Barrett do, so I take every chance I get to inform her about personal responsibility and freedom. She likes when I carry a gun because she knows it is for her protection. Have you ever tried to explain the Bill of Rights/Constitution to a 5 year old? She actually kind of gets it:D

bigdaddy1

imported post

There are things that they (Flynn and Barrett) say I can agree with, but when you put the words together in context it becomes more apparent that they dont know what they are saying. Their statements often contradict themselves and are unproven theory. I wouldnt trust either of them.

hardballer

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
There are things that they (Flynn and Barrett) say I can agree with, but when you put the words together in context it becomes more apparent that they dont know what they are saying. Their statements often contradict themselves and are unproven theory. I wouldnt trust either of them
Anybody can string a bunch of words together. Even I can do that. Poughkeepsie, banana, guns, good, Saturday, Boat. . . See what I mean.

They say a chimpanzee can sit at a typewriter and eventually come up with Hamlet or the Declaration of Independence.

So who is to say that two chimps in Milwaukee can't do the same, completely by accident.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

Mr. Greg wrote:
Packer fan wrote:
What a moron. And this guy wants to be Governor? Didn't he learn his lesson on blaming physical things for sources of violence from the 90s when the Democrats tried to blame teen violence on Violent Video Games, something that's never had a shred of credible evidence to it?

look at the moron in office now. we sure do not want that to change do we? LOL

scorpio_vette

imported post

Mr. Greg wrote:
Packer fan wrote:
What a moron.  And this guy wants to be Governor?  Didn't he learn his lesson on blaming physical things for sources of violence from the 90s when the Democrats tried to blame teen violence on Violent Video Games, something that's never had a shred of credible evidence to it?

1st) anybody notice how he indirectly speaks to a slightly specific majority of people??? "...get the mothers and sisters..."
why not the fathers??? shouldn't the fathers be teaching about guns and or their lack of???

2nd) how much good is a mom telling her boy she loves him going to do when all that boy knows is physical and mental abuse??? how about instead of worrying about a stupid piece of steel that never hurt anybody itself, you worry about the generations of fathers that haven't been around to teach their kids values???

if you want to blame anybody for crimes, it's NOT the guns, and it's NOT the youth today. it started with the parents SEVERAL GENERATIONS AGO. when the parents stopped caring, punishing and taking responsibility, is when things got out of hand.

PS: and violence did NOT come from video games. it was all MTV and these stupid television shows. never mind the fact that parents don't even spank their children anymore.

oh oh oh oh oh here's a random thought.
if law makers had the bright idea of taking parental rights away from parents and instead parents now go to jail for spanking their kids, then why not lock up one of those law makers every time a kid that didn't get his azz whooped by his parents commits a crime??? yeah yeah yeah....if i can't raise my child, then his behavior problems should belong to the person who said i wasn't allowed to raise my child.

you want REAL GUN CONTROL??? remove ALL the gun laws, and take parenting habits back about 1century.