• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blogspot for information on CPL age reduction project

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

http://cpl18.wordpress.com/

RATE
COMMENT
SUBSCRIBE
FAVORITE
BOOKMARK
STARE AT IT
TALK ABOUT IT
SUPPORT IT
SPREAD IT
SHARE IT
READ IT
LOVE IT
HATE IT
ATTACK IT
WHATEVER IT

Doesn't matter, as long as you take a look!!

If you care about the young adults, you have to check out this cause!!!!

If you believe in gun rights for legal adults you must check it out!!!

I am working on a flier, and when I finish it, I'll attach so you can print it out and spread the word, educate folks, and accomplish this mission!!! :celebrate

Wait, what?

http://cpl18.wordpress.com/ that's what!!!

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Poo, I took a look at your blogspot. It looks cool, but I did notice something wrong. When you click on the link to read the bill text, the text cuts off on the right margin so anyone reading it isn't able to finish the sentences. Just thought you'd like to know that.

I will be following your blog with interest. :D

dj_fatstyles

imported post

good job bro. hope this comes to pass for you and if it comes to a vote, i would/will vote for it. best of luck to you on this

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Poo, I took a look at your blogspot. It looks cool, but I did notice something wrong. When you click on the link to read the bill text, the text cuts off on the right margin so anyone reading it isn't able to finish the sentences. Just thought you'd like to know that.

I will be following your blog with interest. :D
I did notice that, and I have to work a bit with that. Have you tried to clicking the PDF file at the very bottom?

"You can see the bill for lowering the age requirement for a CPL in Washington State here." That goes to a PDF and everything is there and not cut off :)

For now there won't be too many updates, as it is end of semester and I am rushing to get last projects in. I have almost finished up a flier, that I am sure you fellas would print out and spam people with. :)

DEROS72

imported post

I have mixed feelings about that.I have met in my years incuding myself, kids not responsible enough to be carrying.I have seen to many that think a weapon is used if someone calls your girlfriend a whore or insults your family or calls you names.Some of these kids like the ones Iv'e seen around here on a couple of occasions pull a gun if you insult there hat.If an eighteen year old feels the need and wants to pretend he's a bad ass then join the Corp.or Army.Get some training.Yes I know at eighteen the military gives eighteen year olds all sorts of weapons.I carried an M-60 in Nam at 18.But honestly back then I don't think I was mature enough to be carrying everyday.To many of the kids try to pretend they are a big shot or tough in some way because they carry and they are not.When I was growing up in Texas in the early 60's you could get a drivers license at 14.That was a disaster.They finally raised it to 16.I just have mixed feelings about some punk ass wet behind the ears kid wanting to strap on a weapon thinking that makes him the man.No training or anything.It's just one I would have to think about..

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

DEROS72, what happen to all that talk about how gun control laws only disarm law abiding citizens? Does that shit disappear when it comes to 18 year olds? Were you worth more than me when you were 21? What do I learn in 3 years that would prevent me from doing something stupid? Are the people that have guns and shoot people always under 21?

http://renton.komonews.com/content/two-renton-men-shot-federal-way-1-dead-1-injured

http://renton.komonews.com/content/two-charged-renton-shooting-injured-six

What about that 57 year old that pulled a gun on the cop a couple days ago?

Might be easy for you to say while you sit there with your firearm on your side. It ain't easy for me walking around with a 21 inch baton. I can't think without feeling like shit when I know my gf is taking the metro bus home by herself from school. 99% when she's with me I always walk her to the door. That's how worried I am. You think just because some underage morons shoot others on impulse, that just covers about every other asswipe under 21? You might see a lot of crap on the news about that stuff, but thats all the media lets you know, so of course you think that generalizes "teens". Duh.

Whatever I just typed up 3 responses and deleted them all and started over. I really don't know how to explain it to you. If a moron carries a gun like a moron, let him/her win a darwin award. If he draws on you, you better draw faster.

DEROS72

imported post

That is just the kind of response that would cause me to question the maturity of so in that age group to do so...

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Exactly. There are idiots in every age group. Doesn't mean all of us 18 year olds are. Every men is equal, no? So because you don't want some idiots having a handgun to carry, I don't get to either right?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Poo don't get too worked up Deros being a few years older than you is just expressing his concerns. He stated "mixed feeling", so the proper response would be to try to win him over to your view point.

I share your view point. And feel there are 60 year olds that shouldn't own guns, who are to immature. But a right is a right. We send our youth to war, we let them pick elected officials, we call them adults yet don't grant them full rights as adults.

Keep up the fight and work hard, just keep in mind the responsibility that goes along with what you are doing.

kschmadeka

imported post

Anyone who can, please go to the CPL18 blogand leave a comment about what a great idea you think it is. It'll help show support for the ideawhenever lawmakers happen tolook at it, and we will be sending them there.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks SVG thats pretty much what I'm trying to say.I do know irresponsible people in my age group as well .But having lived a little longer I have seen these days to many kids with to short a fuse.Then I think well 18 why not 17 or 13 .If you change to 18 then someone will be sceaming to change it to 16 .There has to some boundries.We have the Constitution but that doesn't mean everything should be legal and with no borders.

For example people talk of kids rights.My daughters were allowed only those rights I bestowed on them .As they got older and more responsible I would widen the boundries untill basically they moved out on there own.Some rights do come with responsibility and experience.

kschmadeka

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Then I think well 18 why not 17 or 13 .

You become a legal adult at 18 and get all the adult responsibilities, thus that's where the line is. Mom and Pop aren't responsible for your safety anymore.

I have a niece who turns 18 this year and goes to college next year, thus beginning her three year window of opportunity for whomever wishes her harm. I have questions about her maturity myself, but if she ever becomes a missing student news story, it won't be because I had any hand in keeping her unarmed.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

You're right. Everyone has an opinion. Maybe when I get more educated about speaking out, I will leave DEROS speechless. But for now, I shall gather the support I can get.

kschmadeka

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
kschmadeka

I just finished your article in the WAC Gun Week..Good Job!
Thanks. Is that out already? I better check my mail... It's the same one that was in the Everett Herald, and much of it I'll be using for my written testimony on the AWB bill.

DEROS72

imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
Then I think well 18 why not 17 or 13 .

You become a legal adult at 18 and get all the adult responsibilities, thus that's where the line is. Mom and Pop aren't responsible for your safety anymore.

I have a niece who turns 18 this year and goes to college next year, thus beginning her three year window of opportunity for whomever wishes her harm. I have questions about her maturity myself, but if she ever becomes a missing student news story, it won't be because I had any hand in keeping her unarmed.
Thats why I'm still on the fence on this.My youngest turnss 18 ext August.