• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milan police sergeant suspended, criminally charged in bathroom fireworks prank

taxwhat

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Kinda chicken $hit...

But I wonder what would happen if it was someone NOT in LE, like you or me.

I think they need to get rid of the stupid law all together.

I have cannon wickto make little FAKE firecrackers...light it and throw it at my buddy, he thinks it's going to blow his foot off but it just fizzles out...hehe :)

This only works 1 time though...but then me and the buddy can do it to the next guy :)

And NO ONE gets hurt cuz it don't go bang.

xraygil1

imported post

That is why the SPIRIT of a law is so important when chosing how to prosecte. The idea of literally following just the LETTER of the law shows how power hungry (and even juvenile!) some prosecutors can be. This law should be removed from the books.

Michigander

imported post

xraygil1 wrote:
This law should be removed from the books.
I agree. I think fireworks should be legal, but they should have safety standards like full power explosives do. Most fireworks are made very cheaply, and can end up being dangerous. THAT should be illegal.