• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who can you take target shooting with you

Bailenforcer

imported post

He has good right to be nervous. Michigan has a zero tolerance policy with felons near firearms. I just talked to the Parole board on this issue back in October and even though they knew me it was a bit sticky because I was thinking of allowing a kid who got in trouble to parole at my house. I known the kid since he was very young. They said they would be willing to work with me on the issue but stated the policy is zero tolerance and has caused issue with Law Enforcement officers who were also willing to allow someone to parole at their home. So access is the key word and as long as he doesn't have access to grab it I guess it will be ok, but the gun range might be a NO go.

Uncle Fuzzy

imported post

I can speak from personal experience as I have a 49 year old felony that prevents me from owning firearms. No excuses on my part, I was 18 andguilty.

I am now 67 and have had my Michigan Firearms rights restored by the local CCW Board. BATF does not recognize this restoration because of their improper interpretation of Caron and the restriction of Michigan's CPL of never having been convicted of a felony. They (Michigan & Feds) do allow me to have muzzleloaderswhich I use for hunting.

I am seeking persons who are in the same situation as I am to join in a class action suit to remedy this situation.I know there are thousands of people out there who have the same problem. How can I find them?