• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where can i find 9mm ammo in Greeley/Evans

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

So, I've been here in Evans for about two weeks now, and I love the weather,
but I hate that I don't really ever know where anything is.

I haven't found any 9mm ammo, FMJ, JHP or otherwise...

Is there a store that carries a good selection???

I would like to stock up on some practice FMJ, I also would like to upgrade from the Hydroshocks JHP's I've had loaded in my PT 111. Preferably Corbon or Golddots...

I thought I drove by a Sportsman's Warehouse, but now I can't remember where.

I tried Sports Authority, but after four employees followed me back to the hunting section while I was OC, but none would help me find anything or do anything but whisper in their walkies... I think I'll skip going back there, not to mention I couldnt find any pistol ammo.

I take my girlfriend to Denver to meet up for dinner with a college buddy of mine and his GF about 1-2 times a week, so any place between here and there would be in play.

bomber

imported post

where in denver?

the bass proshop off of northfield was pretty well stocked last time i was there.

the firing line in aurora always seems to have it, though its a little pricey

dicks sporting goods seems to be hit or miss, but i've had decent luck there. and there is always wal-mart

bomber

imported post

i imagine the more rural area, like greeley, the harder it is to find ammo.

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

Pace wrote:
I hadn't heard there was a lack of 9mm ammo anywhere. Try wallmart?
I wouldn't think there was an ammo shortage, its just that I am new to the area, and wouldn't know the first place to look.

I also dont know any pistol ranges here either so if any members use a range in my area, I would like to start shooting also.

Pat-inCO

imported post

Try Loveland.

Jensen Arms. 29th and 287, North East corner, behind the athletic club.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
I hadn't heard there was a lack of 9mm ammo anywhere. Try wallmart?
The last time I visited Wal-mart (last weekend), they were out of 9mm ammo. Said there was a shortage, and that "they couldn't get it or keep it." But I found plenty at Dicks Sporting goods and Sports Authority.

S

scubabeme

imported post

I was just in the Sportsman's Warehouse @ I-25 & 84th - almost NO pistol ammo of ANY "popular" caliber, save a few .40 S&W. LOTS of .223/5.56 on hand, though. (LE, Active and retired miliary get discounts today...20% on most items, 10% on firearms, ammo & electronics)

Gunslinger

imported post

Very available here in the Springs. Try online, if you plan on buying in quantity it amortizes the shipping costs very well. The only thing W-Mart has here in Falcon is .40S&W. Had some 9 a while back, but I generally buy at Ammotogo.com--although Natchetz has been well stocked, too. Blazer in good availability there. People knock the Al case, but they use a Speer bullet and CCI primer. The case is meaningless to me as I don't reload. Always functioned well in both .45 and 9 for me.

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

i was in denver yesterday, there was one box of remmington 9mm jhp... not the flavor i was looking for, only other pistol ammo in the bass pro shop mega store was a few boxes of .40

this is getting frustrating, isnt there a gun range or gun shop in the greeley area that stocks ammo????

walmarts dont carry ammo here, and the only sports store i know of is the Sports Auth.. and they suck.

glockshooter

imported post

Try Colorado Shooting Sports. . .right there next to Evans in Greeley. About 5 miles east of highway 85 right on highway 34. (Address is 22495 Hwy. 34) They've never been out of stock when I've gone. Good training courses, too.

glockshooter

imported post

I hope it's not too late to help ya. . .I'm a couple months late coming in to this discussion. But, yes. . .really. . .check out Colorado Shooting Sports. $20 for full metal jacket 9mm. . .which is a little bit high, but saves the gas of driving in to Loveland or all the way down to Denver.

ooghost1oo

imported post

FWI, I recently bought 150 rounds of 9mm from Wal-Mart. Comes in time to time, and you have to be there at the right time (limit of 6 boxes).

Apparently, Blazer Brass was recently bought out by Federal, so you can get 50 rounds of federal FMJ for $8.97.