• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster that completely covers pistol

MPlannette

jfrey123

imported post

EDIT: Just noticed the pics you posted. I'm going to say that holster doesn't count as OC, in contraction to everything I posted. To me, that holster is the equivilant of carrying my revolver in a belted camera bag.

To my knowledge, NV law does not address this issue. The only thing I can relate to your situation is that the definition of a Concealed Firearm is one that is carried in a manner not discernable by normal observation. In English, that means if I can look at you and easily notice that you're carrying a pistol, you're not concealing.

If you put that holster on your belt, and it looks like a holster with a gun in it, I'd make the arguement that its OC. Sort of like the older US Military holsters:

4437_730_general.jpg

NRS 202.3653 Definitions

1. “Concealed firearm” means a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver or other firearm which is carried upon a person in such a manner as not to be discernible by ordinary observation.

Dangerfish

imported post

No, I don't think that is even a holster, lol, more like a belt mounted cassette tape holder. Course what can you hope for with Taurus...?

Not to mention that gun is so small that it is made for CC, why would you OC it?

MPlannette

imported post

I would love to cc it but I'm 19 and am denied that right. Thank you for the input, that is what I thought. I just thought it was odd that Taurus included that belt "holster" with it, as I would carry it in a pocket if I could.

jfrey123

imported post

I actually like that one that came with it there. I've carried in a little camera pouch before, and with that one being so slim it wouldn't even bulge under a t-shirt. Plus it just looks like a PDA case. I'm impressed with the slimness of it...

Never held one of those Taurus pistols, but semi autos are hard for me to pocket carry. The revolvers work best for me in that situation.

varminter22

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
EDIT: Just noticed the pics you posted. I'm going to say that holster doesn't count as OC, in contraction to everything I posted. To me, that holster is the equivilant of carrying my revolver in a belted camera bag.
I agree with JFrey.

I suppose only a court case would truely resolve the matter.

But after viewing the photos, I think that would be considered concealed. Why? Because of the phrase "not discernible by ordinary observation"; ie, it does not look like a holster containing a firearm to me.

“Concealed firearm” means a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver or other firearm which is carried upon a person in such a manner as not to be discernible by ordinary observation.