• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok so we can open carry Pistols but what about rifles?

AaronG

imported post

ok thats fine and dandy but i still never said i wanted to carry my ar while loaded. dont put words in my mouth. i came here for info and now im getting people like OHH HES GONN CARRY A LOADED AR!!!!!!!11111

No im not and i never will carry a loaded ar in public. it is more for a statement than anything. and when i do i probbly wont even have a mag with me.

So quit putting words in my mouth. god this is why i hate asking for info on forums. you get morons on here who blow every thing out of proportion.

AaronG

imported post

Just exactly where dose it say i want to carry a loaded ar in public? Point it out. give me the exact words i said that points to me wanting to carry loaded ar in public.

Also the statement with the dangerous ordnance license was because it is indeed illegal to use a magazine over 30 rounds. to get a dangerous ordnance license you must go to you local sheriffs office or local PD and fill out some papers and pay some money.

t33j

imported post

Chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Hope you aren't this excited when the cops come talk to you for carrying your AR.

poddus

imported post

AaronG wrote:
ok thats fine and dandy but i still never said i wanted to carry my ar while loaded. dont put words in my mouth. i came here for info and now im getting people like OHH HES GONN CARRY A LOADED AR!!!!!!!11111

No im not and i never will carry a loaded ar in public. it is more for a statement than anything. and when i do i probbly wont even have a mag with me.

So quit putting words in my mouth. god this is why i hate asking for info on forums. you get morons on here who blow every thing out of proportion.

Let me get this straight.

AaronG wrote:
i will also be getting a dangerous ordnance license so i can have mags that are bigger than 30 rounds

fair enough, this does not mean that you actually want to load 30 rounds into your magazine, you just want the magazine. however, right after that you posted this:

AaronG wrote:
yes aparently i have been reading that in ohio having a 40 rd mag is legal but loading it with 40rds and loading it into a weapon is illegal.

Ok so now, after asking whether or not it was legal to open carry a rifle, you're saying you want a "dangerous ordnance license" so you can carry your gun, not just with an empty magazine, but with more than 30 rounds in the magazine. In other words, you want to carry a loaded AR15 in public.

I sure hope for your sake that you won't be speaking to your arresting officer in that tone. Owning and carrying a gun requires a good amount of self-restraint, understanding of the law, and respect for your fellow man. You obviously have none of these qualities.

AaronG

imported post

I don't half to tell the police anything. name where i live. if im not breaking the law i don't even half to let them search me although i would let them check my weapon so they know its not loaded. even though i can apparently carry it while loaded i wont because it would be an extreme hazard. i don't want to take the chance of it somehow getting loaded then going off. that would be bad for me.

AaronG

imported post

poddus wrote:
AaronG wrote:

Let me get this straight.

AaronG wrote:
i will also be getting a dangerous ordnance license so i can have mags that are bigger than 30 rounds

fair enough, this does not mean that you actually want to load 30 rounds into your magazine, you just want the magazine. however, right after that you posted this:

AaronG wrote:
yes aparently i have been reading that in ohio having a 40 rd mag is legal but loading it with 40rds and loading it into a weapon is illegal.

Ok so now, after asking whether or not it was legal to open carry a rifle, you're saying you want a "dangerous ordnance license" so you can carry your gun, not just with an empty magazine, but with more than 30 rounds in the magazine. In other words, you want to carry a loaded AR15 in public.

I sure hope for your sake that you won't be speaking to your arresting officer in that tone. Owning and carrying a gun requires a good amount of self-restraint, understanding of the law, and respect for your fellow man. You obviously have none of these qualities.
you do not need a dangerous ordnance license to carry a weapon. you just need to to have a mag larger than 30 rounds. and still i never said i intend to carry my AR with a loaded mag. are you a cop or something? you keep on digging like youre going to get some info or something. arresting officer?? i wont get arrested remember its legal.

poddus

imported post

AaronG wrote:
I don't half to tell the police anything. name where i live. if im not breaking the law i don't even half to let them search me although i would let them check my weapon so they know its not loaded. even though i can apparently carry it while loaded i wont because it would be an extreme hazard. i don't want to take the chance of it somehow getting loaded then going off. that would be bad for me.

"have", not "half", half = 1/2 = 0.5

oh they will search you and you'd better do as they say, it's called a Terry Stop
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_v._Ohio

guns don't shoot themselves. guns don't kill people. people kill people. if you have so little knowledge of guns that you actually believe they spontaneously shoot themselves, perhaps you should reconsider ownership of one.

AaronG

imported post

poddus wrote:
AaronG wrote:

oh they will search you and you'd better do as they say, it's called a Terry Stop

guns don't shoot themselves. guns don't kill people. people kill people. if you have so little knowledge of guns that you actually believe they spontaneously shoot themselves, perhaps you should reconsider ownership of one.
they have the same thing in California and i have no problem letting them check my weapon or weapons.

I do not respect you poddus because you are a douche and you keep insinuating i am going to do something against the law when i clearly am not

AaronG

imported post

Poddus from your own link

if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime.

Ok reasonable suspicion. thats the usual.

For their own protection, police may perform a quick surface search of the person’s outer clothing for weapons if they have reasonable suspicion that the person stopped is armed.

Ok well clearly i am armed. my weapon or weapons will be in clear sight and easy to spot.

This reasonable suspicion must be based on "specific and articulable facts" and not merely upon an officer's hunch

Uh yep. pretty much explains itself.

Like i said i don't need to let an officer search me or check my weapon. but i will just so he or she can be at ease.

poddus

imported post

AaronG wrote:
poddus wrote:
AaronG wrote:

they have the same thing in California and i have no problem letting them check my weapon or weapons.

I do not respect you poddus because you are a douche and you keep insinuating i am going to do something against the law when i clearly am not

carrying a loaded firearm is legal, that's what we do here in the open carry movement. that is the point.

AaronG

imported post

poddus wrote:
AaronG wrote:
poddus wrote:
AaronG wrote:

carrying a loaded firearm is legal, that's what we do here in the open carry movement. that is the point.
Yes but from what i have seen even if it is legal most people do it without loading it and keep there ammo on there hip on the other side of there weapon. if it is legal that's all fine and dandy. i probably wont be doing it unless i got into some bad part of town.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AaronG wrote:

Have you carried a gun(any gun)before?

How old are you?

AaronG

imported post

HankT wrote:
AaronG wrote:

Have you carried a gun (any gun)before?

How old are you?
i am old enough to cary a weapon in ohio considering the cary age is 18. no i have never carried a weapon before but have been gathering much info so i know the laws and what to do if i get stopped. from what i gather if a cop stops me without a damn good reason they are breaking the law.

AaronG

imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
Troll. god I wish SOMEONE would kick these clowns out of here.
are you talking about me? becaus i had a good conversation going here and some people cam in and messed it up blowing things out of proportion and saying i said things when i clearly never did.

theqbn

imported post

To be fair I think everybody got the impression that you meant loaded carry because we're used to loaded carry here. But you are correct in that you didn't ever explicitly say you were going to carry the rifle loaded.

It's probably a good idea to keep it unloaded, although I don't see anything wrong with loaded mags that aren't kept in the gun. You could be like the IMF chicks everybody always posts pictures of, rocking the unloaded rifle while getting ice cream.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AaronG wrote:
HankT wrote:
AaronG wrote:

Have you carried a gun (any gun)before?

How old are you?
i am old enough to cary a weapon in ohio considering the cary age is 18. no i have never carried a weapon before but have been gathering much info so i know the laws and what to do if i get stopped. from what i gather if a cop stops me without a damn good reason they are breaking the law.

Well, it is certainly a good strategy to gather information and to learn the rules/regs.

Do you have a concealed carry permit/license?