• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arlington City Council meets on Possession Ban 1 FEB 2010

jbone

imported post

Just off the phone with Arlington City: There are sending me a final copy for the proposal; should look different from the workshop version, will post it as soon as I get it.

Of course public comment is welcome at the meeting, or please emails the council if you can't attend.

The City Council meets at 7:00 pm on the 1st of February. The meeting willbe held at110 E. 3rd St. Arlington, WA 98223.

History:

[url]http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/33313.html[/url]

jbone

imported post

Night shift myself that whole week, I'll certainly be sending in a letter as public commemt for the record.

ADD: E-mail the Council, contact the Executive office at 360.403.3441; or by e-mail at
executive@arlingtonwa.gov[/i]

jbone

imported post

Council meeting today!

Here's the link to review the changes made inTitle 9. Looks like they fixed thepossession restrictions, now lets hope they obid by state law and pass it.

http://www.ci.arlington.wa.us/Archive.aspx?ADID=1255

The City Council meets at 7:00 pmin the Council Chambers 110 E. 3rd St. Arlington, WA 98223The public is encouraged to attend.

kito109654

imported post

Sweet, thanks for posting this. I love good updates.

I might be able to make that meetingthis evening if I can getaway for a bit...I'm still in the middle of moving.

DEROS72

imported post

They are saying you can't go to a council meeting with a firearm?? Last tuesday didn't we all open carry at a state senate hearing and the state patrol affirmed we were within our rights.Send them the pics of that and a copy of Daves article about cease fire asking WSP to disarm us and they refused.

kwiebe

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
They are saying you can't go to a council meeting with a firearm?? Last tuesday didn't we all open carry at a state senate hearing and the state patrol affirmed we were within our rights.Send them the pics of that and a copy of Daves article about cease fire asking WSP to disarm us and they refused.
I think that's what Arlington was initially proposing last October, along with prohibiting firearms in alcohol-serving establishments (totally, not only in the "No minors" area). But it appears the Jan 11 workshop fixed things.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I do not know who is saying you cannot go to a council meeting armed, as it is not a listed place of being Off limits in RCW 9.41.300 and as you see they left this RCW off their list of adopting new ordinances.

Just a note that the license is required to advise you about State Preemption.

RCW 9.41.070 Concealed pistol license -- Application -- Fee -- Renewal.

"The license shall contain a description of the major differences between state and federal law and an explanation of the fact that local laws and ordinances on firearms are preempted by state law and must be consistent with state law. The application shall contain questions about the applicant's eligibility under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a pistol, the applicant's place of birth, and whether the applicant is a United States citizen. The applicant shall not be required to produce a birth certificate or other evidence of citizenship. A person who is not a citizen of the United States shall, if applicable, meet the additional requirements of RCW 9.41.173 and produce proof of compliance with RCW 9.41.173 upon application. The license may be in triplicate or in a form to be prescribed by the department of licensing."

DEROS72

imported post

Thank you for clarifying some of that .....remember I'm old as dirt sometimes it takes a minute.... Crap where is my nametag????

amlevin

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thank you for clarifying some of that .....remember I'm old as dirt sometimes it takes a minute.... Crap where is my nametag????
It's stitched into the back of your shorts:shock:, right next to the one that says Fruit of the Loom:celebrate

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ordinance Adopting Revisions to AMC Title 9
Marilyn Oertle moved to postpone action on Ordinance Adopting Revisions to AMC Title 8 and Ordinance Adopting Revisions to AMC Title 9. Dick Butner seconded the motion which passed with a unanimous vote.

I see it's on the agenda again for the Feb 16 Meeting.

FMCDH

imported post

jbone wrote:
Not seeing Title 9 on the agenda? I've called the city for clarification of when 9 will be back before the council, no replies. I wonder if they also decided to see how Seattle came out.

http://www.ci.arlington.wa.us/archives/32/February%2016%20agenda.pdf
Well of-course they did! :quirky

Every city on the west side of the state was pretty much waiting to see what happened with Seattle.

Time to get out and press the issue with your neighboring cities all. :)

jbone

imported post

From the city.

Thanks so much for your email regarding Title 9. Council will be reviewing Title 9 again at the February 22[suP]nd[/suP] Workshop. They have some questions for Chief Sullenberger about some other sections contained in Title 9. I am hopeful that Title 9 will be placed on the March 1[suP]st[/suP] Council agenda for adoption.

I have put a note on my calendar to get in touch with you on February 23[suP]rd[/suP] with the results of the February 22[suP]nd[/suP] Council Workshop.

Sparky508

imported post

(c) RCW 9A.72.040, False swearing.

Does mean when I call some one a :cuss:and there really not?

Or is it when using expletives in an orderthat they may cancel each other out or land in such afashion as to not really make any sense at all?

Sorry about all that.........

jbone

imported post

Sparky508 wrote:

(c) RCW 9A.72.040, False swearing.

Does mean when I call some one a :cuss:and there really not?

Or is it when using expletives in an orderthat they may cancel each other out or land in such afashion as to not really make any sense at all?

Sorry about all that.........

?

I think you may have commented on the wrong thread.