• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First open carry in Greensboro

blindhog

imported post

Well I guess it realy wasn't my first time but the first time since the 1980's. Nobody said a word and maybe only a few people seemed to notice, which is all good with me. I'm kinda glad that noone said anything as I was nervous enough. I know that sooner or laterI will be confronted but I guess it's the price that will have to be paid for my right to protect myself. The placeI carried was at Food Lion on Hicone Rd.

The HOG

Scrub

imported post

The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. In just a couple of months, I have come to the point that it is just as normal to have my gun as it is my cell phone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome to OCDO blindhog

There are a lot of reasonable and responsible people here with mostly good ideas and info.

Try to hook up with a local OC dinner group - personal contact and all the benefits thereof.

Yata hey

blindhog

imported post

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have already learned alot from this forum and I'm sure that I have just scratched the surface. I look forward to the future as a member here. My wife is a little less than pleased with my renewed vigor to exercise my 2A right but she will come around. She is not anti-gun just anti-confrontation, which I am as well, but I believe that exercising my right to open carry is far more importantthan feeling safe from someone with a different viewpoint.Thanks again for the welcome.

The HOG