• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed March and Invasion of Kenner LA WalMart!

Double_J

imported post

I can do it tomorrow morning/lunch time. I have to get to the north shore by 4:00 and then head over to MS. for a birthday party, but I have no problem doing it tomorrow, possibly sunday, or monday after 2:00 P.M. All I need is for a time to be set. Is this the one on Veterans highway or the one by Sams club in Kenner proper?

Double_J

barf

imported post

Excellent! Let's do both locations and make this a OC event to be remembered.

I'll be wearing my fursuit. I have another agenda to garner acceptance for the millions of furries among us, but don't let that bother you. Others here do the same for their other agendas so I should be in good company.

Somebody call the ball on this.

VORiaSOI

imported post

supposed to be incliment weather. ill o/c but wear my jacket over it.

sraacke

imported post

The only reason I OC in walmart is if I am there to shop. Just going there to "invade" the store does nothing to help Open Carry or gun rights in general.

Seigi

imported post

"Armed March and Invasion"
That sounds less like a civil event intended to increase awareness and acceptance within the community than some form of military action.
One of the sources of condemnation for OC, and for RKBA in general, is the misguided fear that gun owners will use their armed status as leverage against the unarmed. This would legitimize those fears and thus be highly counter-productive.

barf wrote:
Excellent! Let's do both locations and make this a OC event to be remembered.

I'll be wearing my fursuit. I have another agenda to garner acceptance for the millions of furries among us, but don't let that bother you. Others here do the same for their other agendas so I should be in good company.

Somebody call the ball on this.
Emphasis added.

Thus removing any chance of ever convincing onlookers that OC is, or should be, normal.

VORiaSOI wrote:
supposed to be incliment weather. ill o/c but wear my jacket over it.
This is no longer OCing. Anyone over 17, without a record, has the right to carry a gun in most places. Wearing a jacket over it, however, requires a special license.

As much as I hate to ruin the fun, I'm concerned that someone new to this site could wander in here, think you guys are serious, and leave with a decreased sympathy for the OC movement and/or a misunderstanding of the law.

This thread is a satire.

4angrybadgers

imported post

Seigi wrote:
As much as I hate to ruin the fun, I'm concerned that someone new to this site could wander in here, think you guys are serious, and leave with a decreased sympathy for the OC movement and/or a misunderstanding of the law.

This thread is a satire.
+1

While I'm not going to armchair moderate anyone and say you can't be satirical (I'm just as guilty as anyone), please do keep in mind that "outsiders" can view anything written on this forum, and that should guide how we speak here.

Threads like this, at best, do nothing to help the OC cause, and at worst can be seen as outright aggression and unlawful mischief. Yes, I know that 30 OCers walking into Wal-Mart is completely lawful, but the words used to describe legal actions can give them a distinctly illegal appearance, and for no good reason.

If you want to increase public awareness of OC, then do it in a way that doesn't unnecessarily antagonize the public. (Of course, if you don't care about public opinion, then it's a moot point...)

barf

imported post

4angrybadgers wrote:
Seigi wrote:

This thread is a satire.
+1

While I'm not going to armchair moderate anyone and say you can't be satirical (I'm just as guilty as anyone), please do keep in mind that "outsiders" can view anything written on this forum, and that should guide how we speak here.

Threads like this, at best, do nothing to help the OC cause, and at worst can be seen as outright aggression and unlawful mischief. Yes, I know that 30 OCers walking into Wal-Mart is completely lawful, but the words used to describe legal actions can give them a distinctly illegal appearance, and for no good reason.

If you want to increase public awareness of OC, then do it in a way that doesn't unnecessarily antagonize the public. (Of course, if you don't care about public opinion, then it's a moot point...)
Bingo. Maybe this board has finally self corrected. The words used on the title of this thread are not mine - they have been used by some here to push their own agendas while trying to recruit radical OCers to go along with their anti-government causes.

My apologies to the responsible OCers among us.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

barf wrote:
4angrybadgers wrote:
Seigi wrote:

This thread is a satire.
+1

Bingo. Maybe this board has finally self corrected. The words used on the title of this thread are not mine - they have been used by some here to push their own agendas while trying to recruit radical OCers to go along with their anti-government causes.

My apologies to the responsible OCers among us
It behooves you to indicate sarcasm when such is intended - I had my WTF moment at first.

Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

barf wrote:
4angrybadgers wrote:
Seigi wrote:

This thread is a satire.
+1

Well done.

Very effective.

And it would have been less effective with a smilie or other sign of intention.

Good satire is supposed eliciti an uncomfortable response--to instruct.

Jonathan Swift didn't use emoticons...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
*cough*
Grapeshot, I don't think that came out quite the way you intended. :)
Well that's better than saying "If the foo sh!ts, wear it." :p

What we read into a story/thread can be every bit as revealing as what was intended by the OP - in some cases it is exactly what was intended.

Yata hey

Slidell Jim

imported post

jensen_lover wrote:
Why was my thread closed?

Because Glock34 turned your "OC experience" thread into a "bash Wallyworld" thread. I guess the mods dont like that. Maybe they own some stock in it, or they are afraid that the CEO of Wallyworld reads OCDO?:p

Also Jensen, you will find that most threads on the LA forum digress into a "lets bash" thread... could be you next, or MEM, or any CCer, or anyone that eats at Shoney's, or shops at one auto parts store over another, or... ... ...

jensen_lover

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
jensen_lover wrote:
Why was my thread closed?

Because Glock34 turned your "OC experience" thread into a "bash Wallyworld" thread. I guess the mods dont like that. Maybe they own some stock in it, or they are afraid that the CEO of Wallyworld reads OCDO?:p

Also Jensen, you will find that most threads on the LA forum digress into a "lets bash" thread... could be you next, or MEM, or any CCer, or anyone that eats at Shoney's, or shops at one auto parts store over another, or... ... ...
I noticed that it turned into a "What is wrong with America" thread. That is unfortunate. The thread I made on GlockTalk was closed after two pages too. People were saying it was bull. I reposted to clear my name and that thread was deleted. I got a citation or something. This forum seems more friendly than that one.