• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT!!! KLINE sets hearing on AWB legislation

Squeak

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
After typing up my speech just now, I WILL be going down to Olympia. :what:
Where exactly do we go? Is there a particular place we should be? I don't want to get lost.

DEROS72

imported post

I will be there as well..Orphan is coming from Spokane and will pick me up.

I have been working on my speech....

I would like to thank the academy ,and all the folks that made this oscar possible ,especially my stylists....Oh wait, wrong venue, I'll get back to you on that.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

unfortunately the Regional Vice President is tourning my store and I will not be able to attend. I am planning on being in Olympia in April though for the 2A march!

skiingislife725

imported post

When is the 2A march in April??? I emailed the "coordinator" but got no response and there's nothing on the 2A march website about details on WA.

amzbrady

imported post

Gonna see if I can borrow some money and get a sitter, Dont really like being 3 hours away from my 8 year old daughter, while relying on strangers. Wife is in Hospital, otherwise no problem.

otherwise no problem... for something of this importance.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

If anyone on theEast sidewants a ride I will be leaving 11 am+- Monday and returning to Spokane right after we drop off Deros. You would have to find ahotel or??to stay the night

DEROS72

imported post

There is a Best WEstern litterally across the street from me..

I wonder if Bill would let us take the OCDO banner to Olympia.

Just Us

imported post

I plan on making it.

Is there a possibility of getting acouple places to meet. There could be a few convoys. It could also keep people from getting lost and frustrated. Cameras allowed??

QUOTE:
{{{{{{Dont really like being 3 hours away from my 8 year old daughter, while relying on strangers. Wife is in Hospital, otherwise no problem.

otherwise no problem... for something of this importance.}}}}}
[/quote]

Possible to bring your daughter with. Possibly show we are also family people.

Probably in school like mine will be. Just a possible option, but school needs to be there.

Squeak

imported post

Swatty, YOU da man! I will be at Starbucks, provided I can read your map/instructions. Not your fault, mine.

slowfiveoh

imported post

What is the policy on open carry long gun in this state? I have not fully acclimated myself here, but am willing to attend this event with my Bull Twenty slung.

Please advise.

swatspyder

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
What is the policy on open carry long gun in this state? I have not fully acclimated myself here, but am willing to attend this event with my Bull Twenty slung.

Please advise.
Please, IMO and at least a few others, keep the RIFLES at home. We don't want a huge scene out of this testimony.

I am going to be OCing either a Sig P232 or SA 1911. I will be dressed in more or less formal clothes.

Let's try to keep this at least a little bit on the + side, maybe? :?

slowfiveoh

imported post

swatspyder wrote:

Let's try to keep this at least a little bit on the + side, maybe? :?
Because of course the presence of an "evil black rifle" would all but prove his point. Especially in suit and tie, and peacefully carried. [/sarcasm] ;)

On a serious note, I will go ahead and NOT open carry my rifle, but I will do my best to attend. This issue affects everyone.

Just Us

imported post

swatspyder wrote:

How about meeting at Starbucks near the Capitol? Be there around 08:00 - 08:30?

Starbucks Coffee
550 Capitol Way S
Olympia, WA 98501

Sounds good, be sure to get there early to get a excellent parking place. Curbside of course:exclaim::exclaim::lol::celebrate

DEROS72

imported post

Just Us wrote:
swatspyder wrote:

How about meeting at Starbucks near the Capitol? Be there around 08:00 - 08:30?

Starbucks Coffee
550 Capitol Way S
Olympia, WA 98501

Sounds good, be sure to get there early to get a excellent parking place. Curbside of course:exclaim::exclaim::lol::celebrate
Way to go Swat see you there...I agree image could be important here at least for me it will be business casual and open carry...

Trigger Dr

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
unfortunately the Regional Vice President is tourning my store and I will not be able to attend. I am planning on being in Olympia in April though for the 2A march!
Come down and bring the regiona lVP with you.

DEROS72

imported post

And if your boss said he doesn't approve of guns and would prefer you not to own.??People need to be ready to walk off of jobs walk away from everything to support the Constitution.

I really support the Constitution but if it threatens my income or my job or family well then maybe well just make them happy and not rock the boat....