• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT!!! KLINE sets hearing on AWB legislation

DEROS72

imported post

From Daves article...

Earlier Friday, the Bellevue-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms issued an alert advising its thousands of members in Washington that Senate Bill 6396, which would ban new sales of semiautomatic sport-utility rifles, pistols and shotguns is up for a hearing next Tuesday, Jan. 26 at 10 a.m. Senator Adam Kline, the anti-gun Seattle Democrat who also chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, where the bill will be heard.

Here's are chance people.We need everyone to go from all ove the state....Anyone game??

Lemmiwinks

imported post

I take it this would involve a trip to Olympia? I may take the day off work for this one. Does anyone know if you have to register to be able to address the group?

DEROS72

imported post

This one would be worth missing work or whatever it takes...Think if thousands of Wa.gun owners / voters showed up!

amzbrady

imported post

When do we get the particulars? Time, & Place?

Oops, just re-read the OP. 26th at 10 am. Wish I had the gas and a Babysitter. To bad its not Thur 28th.

DEROS72

imported post

Some one get me there and I'll let them know whats up.But people if you say you support the second ammendment and come up with well I have to work ,my second cousins sister friends brother is coming that day.Come on I here all sorts of rhetoricabout we gotta do something ,we have to .......If we are going to keep what rights we have especially this one ,walk away from work, sacrifice..The people that fought for these rights we have in the first place walked away from families from farms from everything ,they didn't just mouth off and when the time came say well my boss might get upset or its our anniverary whatever! Thats how they win.

Any of you guys from the east side of the mountains going to try and make it.This is beyond important folks...

joeroket

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
So what's up with the lack of support to OC at this testimony?  Bad idea, or is there few people who are actually going to attend?

I am don't think it would be bad to OC at the hearing as long as it does not come across as an armed protest, as that could very well lead to trouble.

I wish I could go to it because I would certainly take you Deros. I hope someone steps up to get you there. I really want to throw at them that I am the son of a slain LEO and I am of the opinion that these bans will only lead to less personal safety of citizens and potential less safety for LEO's because law abiding citizens will not be able to step up and use the force required when an officer is fighting for his life.

DEROS72

imported post

Why wouldn't you go joeroket? thats what i'm saying people talk but when it'e time to sacrifice a day or anything else ....I don't get it...We stand to loose to much here.

joeroket

imported post

It is the timing of it that is stopping me. If I had more notice then I could have planned for it. If something changes then I will be there, hell I would make a whole day out of it and visit dad on the LEO memorial wall.

VoiceinShelton

imported post

I am going to be there. I will be driving from Shelton and can pick up another. PM me if you need a ride. I will exchange phone info. via PM. This is too important not to be there.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

I need to know if we can carry inside the capitol? I will rally the young men at my college, but is this the most effective way to deal with this? What are the chances of this thing passing? I am 100% in favor of going to olympia, and if anyone needs a ride I have room.:cuss:anti gunners.

DEROS72

imported post

Could use a ride if your going that way....besides i really want to hear your speech.

holeinhead

imported post

They always gotta schedule these darn things when most folk are at work. If I weren't a contract worker at the moment, and really working to go FTE at my job where two people right next to me are getting cut, I'd be down for taking a day off and heading down there. But I really can't afford to.

skiingislife725

imported post

I'm going to try and work up a carpool from up here in Bellingham...we'll see. Would love to tell my staunch liberal college professors at WWU that I have to skip class because I'm going down to Olympia for a public hearing to voice my opinion AGAINST banning scary black weapons.

I did notice, however, that in that examiner article someone gave a link to, it stated, "He always tells those who cannot attend to call the Legislative Hotline at 1-800-526-6000[/b]. That toll-free number has been getting lots of traffic in opposition to the Kline bill."

So if you can't make it...at least call!

Dave Workman

imported post

IMPORTANT!

Legislative Hotline Number typo in my column.

Actual number is: 1-800-562-6000

Jeff Hayes

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Could use a ride if your going that way....besides i really want to hear your speech.
Deros I will give you a ride if you will be my guide/navagator, after all it is the big city for this country boy.