Thread: from utah

Post imported post

Hey guys, just figured I would ask this here, im from utah and will be heading to elko this weekend, can I still open carry in your state without being a nevada resident?

Sorry if this seems a bit silly, but I have tried to get through to nevada public safety and they keep transfering me and sticking me oh hold.

thanks

Carrying a gun isn't supposed to be comfortable, it's supposed to be comforTING!
    "Clint Smith"

Post imported post

Yup.

OC isn't shown in the law, we're one of the "it's not illegal so it must be legal" OC states. There isn't a law that says an out of state resident can not OC, therefore...

Activist Member

Post imported post

And here in NV for handguns you don't have to worry about any of that "2 steps from firing" stuff they have in Utah.

Post imported post

You may also carry the gun loaded in the vehicle as long as it is not in a personal bag within your reach or concealed on your person. Glove box, console, on the dash, on the seat, orunder the seat are all legal. All of the NV state laws apply to non residents. When in Rome do as the Romans. Have fun! I just got back from Salt Lake City it's a nice drive from Reno.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

gunrunner1911 wrote:
    You may also carry the gun loaded in the vehicle as long as it is not in a personal bag within your reach or concealed on your person. Glove box, console, on the dash, on the seat, orunder the seat are all legal. All of the NV state laws apply to non residents. When in Rome do as the Romans. Have fun! I just got back from Salt Lake City it's a nice drive from Reno.
    Where did that come from? It can be in a personal bag, there is no restriction upon this. However, if the personal bag is carried upon your person, the gun becomes "concealed" under the law. However, in your gymbag lying on your front passenger seat is perfectly legal.