• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

from utah

sigrscu

imported post

Hey guys, just figured I would ask this here, im from utah and will be heading to elko this weekend, can I still open carry in your state without being a nevada resident?

Sorry if this seems a bit silly, but I have tried to get through to nevada public safety and they keep transfering me and sticking me oh hold.

thanks

jfrey123

imported post

Yup.

OC isn't shown in the law, we're one of the "it's not illegal so it must be legal" OC states. There isn't a law that says an out of state resident can not OC, therefore...

gunrunner1911

imported post

You may also carry the gun loaded in the vehicle as long as it is not in a personal bag within your reach or concealed on your person. Glove box, console, on the dash, on the seat, orunder the seat are all legal. All of the NV state laws apply to non residents. When in Rome do as the Romans. Have fun! I just got back from Salt Lake City it's a nice drive from Reno.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunrunner1911 wrote:
You may also carry the gun loaded in the vehicle as long as it is not in a personal bag within your reach or concealed on your person. Glove box, console, on the dash, on the seat, orunder the seat are all legal. All of the NV state laws apply to non residents. When in Rome do as the Romans. Have fun! I just got back from Salt Lake City it's a nice drive from Reno.
Where did that come from? It can be in a personal bag, there is no restriction upon this. However, if the personal bag is carried upon your person, the gun becomes "concealed" under the law. However, in your gymbag lying on your front passenger seat is perfectly legal.