• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Black Gun

triehl27

imported post

Well I picked up a little S&W 2214 .22LR. I thought it was a cute little piece. And I took it out to the range and the only area that was open was 85yds. At that range I didn't even bother with a target.

At 85yds I set up 12 MT DEW cans at 85yds. 8 straight 38grn American Eagle rounds dropped 8 cans in a row.

I was in absolute disbelief.

One little hole in each can.

No feed issues.

Can't beat this little gun.

I got this for $100 from a gentle man that had it since new and never cleaned it other then a swipe down the barrel. Well all that gunk had congealed and gummed it til it wouldn't reliably feed or eject, and then it wouldn't ignite the cartridges.

I tore it down cleaned the black gel out of it til it looks almost new and then it went to the range.

EDIT These shots were rested off a rest.

amzbrady

imported post

22's are so much fun. I remember as a kid before anyone would make you feel bad for mother earth or the eco system, we used to dump 20 cans in a slow moving crick, (down from where anyone swam) and plink them till they sank or got away. Would have loved to have the gatlin conversion from cabelas, could drop a 100 in seconds.

DEROS72

imported post

That rocks....22's are a blast some times.I got a .22 semi auto for my 12 th birthday I think or 13 anyway it cool.Dad would take me to a local gravel pit(you could do that in those days)and teach me to shoot,saftey ,all of that.Before he went to Korea he was an Army weapons intructor.So he was a good teacher.Taught me the Army way. With a .22 you can shoot all day and not break the bank.Now you have me thinking about one.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I love shooting .22, like Deros said practice accuracy without breaking the bank. Plus during the great depression ( the former one) it fed many a family some say more than the larger calibers.

DEROS72

imported post

Thats a fact...I think the one I had was a Remington (rifle) if I remember right it had a 10 rnd tube magazine with the charginging handle on the right side probably about 1964 .

amzbrady

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
That rocks....22's are a blast some times.I got a .22 semi auto for my 12 th birthday I think or 13 anyway it cool.Dad would take me to a local gravel pit(you could do that in those days)and teach me to shoot,saftey ,all of that.Before he went to Korea he was an Army weapons intructor.So he was a good teacher.Taught me the Army way. With a .22 you can shoot all day and not break the bank.Now you have me thinking about one.
Funny you say your dad took you out and taught you to shoot, and SAFETY. My dad was never around. My friends dad was always busy or drunk, My friend had his own guns so he wouldnt mess with his dads. He had like 6 different rifles, shotguns. 2 were 22's and we would take them, never asked, never an adult around, never worried. Something about being raised in farm country, we never even thought to point guns at each other. Just had fun.

killchain

imported post

My Dad taught me gun safety as soon as he could. My Mom up until recently was one of those "guns kill people by themselves" people. Once I started buying them though, she changed her mind.

I love my .22. I got a Ruger 10/22 I put in a Tapco Intrafuse stock, and it is a sweet thing to shoot. I've been buying up .22LR like it's going out of style. :)

DEROS72

imported post

Mom was funny "you boys don't shoot your foot or nothing and be back for dinner." They met when y father was at Ft.LEwis on a blind date and were married for 36 years untill she died of breat cancer.Dad is 81 now and has a very cool arsenal .including a .22,my step mom(he remarried 2 years later and they are still together ,very cool gal) has her CPL, 75 years old and a .357. S&W I believe,Taurus 9mm a 1911 in .45I.m not sure what make and a couple of others.I told dad let me know if you want to sell any and he said, well if you don't croak before me I may leave em to ya.

He was an engineer for NASA ,we had astornauts living next door so my first year of high school was in Clear Lake Texas and they had a shooting and trap team.It was nothing to see the kids bringing their .22 target rifles and shotguns to school and leave them in the gym untill practice.No one shot up schools in those days...

amlevin

imported post

Good score! 22's are not only fun to shoot, you can do so without breaking the bank. I'm planning on converting one of my AR's to shoot .22LR so I can have more money to buy more .223cal AR's. Can't have too many.

amzbrady

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Mom was funny "you boys don't shoot your foot or nothing and be back for dinner." They met when y father was at Ft.LEwis on a blind date and were married for 36 years untill she died of breat cancer.Dad is 81 now and has a very cool arsenal .including a .22,my step mom(he remarried 2 years later and they are still together ,very cool gal) has her CPL, 75 years old and a .357. S&W I believe,Taurus 9mm a 1911 in .45I.m not sure what make and a couple of others.I told dad let me know if you want to sell any and he said, well if you don't croak before me I may leave em to ya.

He was an engineer for NASA ,we had astornauts living next door so my first year of high school was in Clear Lake Texas and they had a shooting and trap team.It was nothing to see the kids bringing their .22 target rifles and shotguns to school and leave them in the gym untill practice.No one shot up schools in those days...

That kinda the way it was at my school, guys would bring their shotguns in ona friday and leave them inthe princapals office. The only thing any of us ever thought when we saw someone walking up with a rifle, was I wonder where their going hunting? Never had to worry about knives either. Almost everyone one of us carried a pocket knife, and almost everyone of us fought each other, never once did anyone pull a knife on someone else.

Got me thinking and had a flashback, was just remembering when we'de see our buddies driving in off the fields and parking their John Deers in the parking lot.

DEROS72

imported post

It would be nice if we could get back to those days and attitudes.I don't wat to strt another agument but I believe its all a result of not even teaching basic morality in school anymore.Saying the pledge of allegience before class started,we in music class would sing the Battle Hym of the Republic and they still had the ten commandments on the bulletin board. That brought back a mamory about the pocket knives ,every kid had one .I was excited to show my teacher and my friends the new pocket knife my grandpa got me for my birthday when I was about 5th grade.I don't know if your'e old enough but anyone remember the duck and cover drills. Well that dates me doesn't it..

triehl27

imported post

Shot it again toda, ran some stingers through it. Man this thing has the best trigger I have ever had short of a full custom trigger job.

This pistol is a little wierd. the barrel is below and the recoil spring is above it. Really accurate at long range. Less accurate at close range. Shoots high.

Anyways It loves American Eagle 40grn solids and 38grn hollow points. Stingers open up the groups alot. 4 " at 15yrds, where the 40.grain shoot to inside an inch consistently.

No percievable difference in group size between the AM Eagle 40 and 38's. Although Fed Gold Prem 40's opened up horizontally. Stingers went vertical stringing.

550 bulk it hates.

DEROS72

imported post

Thats to cool..Love Swiss army knife mounted on the front....The French have a similar weapon mounting the..

French Army Knife!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The new black gun you gotta have:

KRISS Super V CRB/SO .45 ACP Civilian Carbine, comes in full auto or semi. Check out the videos available, runs about $1400(depending on dealer)

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/kriss-smg-45-acp.html

CRB_SO_Hero_01.jpg