• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you should a child participating in and crime? Poll

Nathan9493

imported post

Anyone hear about the robbery up near Bellevue by an 11yr old, 15 yr old and a couple of others with a gun? Turned out to be an airsoft,but,It got me to thinking, if a minor attempted a home invasion or car jacking on you, would you shoot if legally justified?

I've tried to mentally prepare for any situation so I don't have to think much at the time. But this one is something I hadn't imagined before. Criminals are getting younger by the day. I have four children and COULD NOT imagine firing on a child. Maybe this will someday cost me my life. How do you feel about this?:what::what:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Nathan9493 wrote:
Anyone hear about the robbery up near Bellevue by an 11yr old, 15 yr old and a couple of others with a gun? Turned out to be an airsoft,but,It got me to thinking, if a minor attempted a home invasion or car jacking on you, would you shoot if legally justified?

I've tried to mentally prepare for any situation so I don't have to think much at the time. But this one is something I hadn't imagined before. Criminals are getting younger by the day. I have four children and COULD NOT imagine firing on a child. Maybe this will someday cost me my life. How do you feel about this?:what::what:
I had a stern lecture with my kids and neighborhood kids who are all into airsoft wars now.

One of them pointed one at our car as we drove up.

I told them that there has been documented cases where police have shot children with toy guns and to never ever point them at anybody not involved in their game.

Mentally might be hard to deal with later but a gun is a gun, and it's possessor can kill you with it no matter what the age, defend yourself against it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Friend of mine who is a sheriff deputy almost had to shoot a 15yo kid pointing a 'toy' gun at him! He was pretty shook up for some time and still remembers it to this day.

Now he is a detective and goes after pedophiles.....ick!

Nathan9493

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Friend of mine who is a sheriff deputy almost had to shoot a 15yo kid pointing a 'toy' gun at him!  He was pretty shook up for some time and still remembers it to this day.

Now he is a detective and goes after pediphiles.....ick!

Too bad no-one makes pedophile Targets. I'd buy 50

bcp

imported post

Nathan9493 wrote:
if a minor attempted a home invasion or car jacking on you, would you shoot if legally justified?

You should always verify a person's age before shooting them. :?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Crypto wrote:
Happens everyday in IRAQ, why would it be any different in Washington state?
....but you just shoot 'em in the legs right?.....lol.......seriously not meaning to start anything but couldn't pass that up. :lol:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Crypto wrote:
Happens everyday in IRAQ, why would it be any different in Washington state?
....but you just shoot 'em in the legs right?.....lol.......seriously not meaning to start anything but couldn't pass that up. :lol:

But according to RCW 999.666.1a

"It is illegal to shoot minors in the lower extremities unless a note by the minors parent or guardian is present stating specifically that they are a trouble maker and therefore allowed."

Crypto

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
But according to RCW 999.666.1a

"It is illegal to shoot minors in the lower extremities unless a note by the minors parent or guardian is present stating specifically that they are a trouble maker and therefore allowed."
Writing a bill right now to change 999.666.1a. So, we all can shoot minors in the legs. :celebrate

Crypto

imported post

Thats what happened on the freeway today. Someone shot a 2 year old cause he was weilding a GLOCK 21. :cuss:

This thread went to hell, with your comment sudden valley gunner....

The fact that minors in IRAQ, get shot everyday is a FACT. Its not something that I just pulled out my ass.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Crypto wrote:
Thats what happened on the freeway today. Someone shot a 2 year old cause he was weilding a GLOCK 21. :cuss:

This thread went to hell, with your comment sudden valley gunner....

The fact that minors in IRAQ, get shot everyday is a FACT. Its not something that I just pulled out my ass.
Sorry.....I knew that was going to happen but just couldn't help my self. You gotta admit you left yourself open for that one.

Is that really what happened on the freeway? Do you have a cite? Not doubting you just wanna read about it.

Crypto

imported post

Did you hear about that baby that got shot today tho. If his mother was carrying it wouldn't of happened the way it did. That big guy would be dead.

Crypto

imported post

lmao o god, it just so happens she got shot in the leg... jesus here we go. :celebrate

she lived tho, found the bullet in the diaper. Diapers are bullet proof.

The whole point i was trying to make in the other thread was that

"PEOPLE LIVE WHEN SHOT OTHER PLACES"