• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking about picking up a AR 15, Is there any advice to look out for?

office888

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Quality is what makes it a Colt.
Moral of this picture:

kaboom012.jpg

There's always room for improvement. :D

-Richard-

wally1120

imported post

What do you guys think of this weird piece?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YfJY79vIRQ

OOHH, I have ditch the idea to get a AR. They are a bit more then I expected they would be, And not being much into Rifles I dont want to spend a lot of money on a Descent AR set up. But I have always wanted a M1 Garand, And a M1 Carbine. But after that I think that will be my last Rifle purchases that I make.

office888

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
What do you guys think of this weird piece?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YfJY79vIRQ

OOHH, I have ditch the idea to get a AR. They are a bit more then I expected they would be, And not being much into Rifles I dont want to spend a lot of money on a Descent AR set up. But I have always wanted a M1 Garand, And a M1 Carbine. But after that I think that will be my last Rifle purchases that I make.
Buy an AR15 now.

Garands / Carbines will be CHEAP by the end of this year.

86,000 Garands / 21,000 M1 Carbines will be imported from South Korea

-Richard-

wally1120

imported post

That is what I am planning on, Hopefully it is true that all of them Guns will be coming in. I am going to spend enough on the M1 Garand and the Carbine, So I am just goingto save up for them two. I may consider a M48 Mauser, And possibly some kind of .308.

G

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
That is what I am planning on, Hopefully it is true that all of them Guns will be coming in. I am going to spend enough on the M1 Garand and the Carbine, So I am just goingto save up for them two. I may consider a M48 Mauser, And possibly some kind of .308.
Screw those antiques! (Yes I've got them too. I forgot about them until you brought 'em up.)

CIMG5601.jpg

wally1120

imported post

I can`t let the M1 Carbine and the Garand go like that. The M1 Carbine is the first Rifle I ever shot, And the Garand is the first Big Bore Rifle I ever shot. I like both cartridges, and I love the design of both of the Guns. I never shot a AR yet, So I am not to familer with them, But I thought I was wanting one. But after looking at the price of a fairly descent one, They are a little bit more then I thought they would be.

G

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
7.62X51mm (.308)

No compromise here...

DSC02521.jpg

G

imported post

office888 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
That's a nice AR setup Richard!
Thanks!

It's a lot of work-in-progress stuff. Still finding out what works, and what doesn't.

I'm ordering my optics (Eotech 511.A65) next week, so stay tuned for that. :D

Also switching to a YHM Smooth Carbine Forearm w/ Bottom rail (no top rail).

-Richard-
The 511.A65 has been discontinued. Eotech is dropping all of the N battery units.

office888

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
7.62X51mm (.308)

No compromise here...
Hot damn, nice CETME/G3. Always wanted one!

CV67PAT wrote:
office888 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Thanks!

It's a lot of work-in-progress stuff. Still finding out what works, and what doesn't.

-Richard-
The 511.A65 has been discontinued. Eotech is dropping all of the N battery units.
Yup, hence why I'm getting it : FOR CHEAP. :D

You can find lithium N-batteries at Meijer/Walmart easily...

-Richard-

G

imported post

office888 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
7.62X51mm (.308)

No compromise here...
Hot damn, nice CETME/G3. Always wanted one!

CV67PAT wrote:
office888 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Thanks!

-Richard-
Yup, hence why I'm getting it : FOR CHEAP. :D

You can find lithium N-batteries at Meijer/Walmart easily...

-Richard-
Not some Spanish crap CETME.

Just wanted you to be aware of the 511. I've seen the prices plummet. Using a 553.A65 to standardize batteries in all my devices/lights.

office888

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Not some Spanish crap CETME.

Just wanted you to be aware of the 511. I've seen the prices plummet. Using a 553.A65 to standardize batteries in all my devices/lights.
Denial! CETME = G3A3

It's just a Nazi-made CETME, stolen from Spanish Nazis, that stole it from Nazi-nazis.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up on the 511. I was pretty new to Eotech's product lineup until about 2 weeks ago. Then I started sifting through ar15.com until I found an optic in good condition, for cheap, that was either aimpoint or eotech.

Mint condition, used 3 times, $310 shipped.

Unless somebody can find me a better price...

-Richard-

THway

imported post

Personally i think that wally should not buy an ar15 project, but save his money and possibly donate some it to the next unfortunate person who cannot afford to get their CPL...

Just my opinion.

T Vance

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
T Vance wrote:
The very last sentence...

"In today's military, it's accuracy let's it down."

True, AR15/M16's are more accurate than AK's. That is not the only thing that matters when it comes to combat though.

Notice how many countries have their own version of the AK-47 for use in their armies.

Here's an interesting video

AK-47 vs. M-16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0

wally1120

imported post

THway wrote:
Personally i think that wally should not buy an ar15 project, but save his money and possibly donate some it to the next unfortunate person who cannot afford to get their CPL...

Just my opinion.

And why do you say that? Nobody donated money for me to get my CPL. So I dont feel I should donate money to anything. If I am going to donate any money for someone to get there CPL, I will donate it to my self to get my own CPL. I can do as I want with my money, If someone donated money for my CPL, I would give back and help someone else out. But since I am paying for my own CPL, I don`t owe anybody anything.

Please lets just drop this subject.The fire was lit not that long ago, And it dosen`t need to bleed over onto this site.