Thread: Puyallup police issue second crime alert!

Post imported post

Would it be legal for me to kill these people if they broke into my apartment or do you still need to have a threat there?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...y/1038918.html

Post imported post

Crypto wrote:
    Would it be legal for me to kill these people if they broke into my apartment or do you still need to have a threat there?

I thought you would shoot them in the leg?

WA has the Castle Doctrine, so you do not have to retreat. However, if their hands are full of your plasma tv then what?
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    WA has the Castle Doctrine, so you do not have to retreat. However, if their hands are full of your plasma tv then what?
    What is a Castle Doctrine? Never heard of it.

Post imported post

If they break in, causing you to fear for your life, yes. If they're walking out with your TV, no.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Crypto wrote:

Go to the meeting and get the answer first hand.

The department’s Problem-Oriented Policing unit will host the meeting at 11 a.m. Wednesday in room No. 503 at Puyallup City Hall, 333 S. Meridian

Post imported post

Crypto wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    What is a Castle Doctrine? Never heard of it.
    Castle doctrine... pretty much stand your ground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_...tes#Washington

From my understanding, in this state, if someone is in the act of committing a felony and is threatening to or causing bodily harm to anyone, you are legally protected to use deadly force.

So in short, if you see someone stealing stuff from a convenience store, no. If you see the same person trying to execute the clerk, yes.

But, as I said, I may be wrong. And you should seek legal council about the specifics of the laws, I am not an official reference and do not take responsibility for your actions.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill