• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying and fishing

T Vance

imported post

I thought I remember reading something about carrying a handgun and fishing and if you could do it or not a while ago. So can you carry while fishing or not?

lil_freak_66

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I thought I remember reading something about carrying a handgun and fishing and if you could or not a while ago. So can you carry while fishing or not?

ive never heard of such a thing.

all i can think of is illegal fishing techniqes if your shooting the water to get at the fish...and various weapons charges

SlowDog

imported post

If I am up north in UP I never take off my 44. There are things in them thar woods that'll eat ya. Never been bothered by DNR for it. They asked why I had it & I told them for protection, Just showed fishing license and went back to fishing......

T Vance

imported post

The only thing on DNR's webiste that I could find was this

"Fish with your hands, firearms, explosives, crossbows, setlines, poisons, or methods other than lawful fishing methods."

and this

"Shoot reptiles or amphibians with a firearm (including spring, air, or gas propelled). "