• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Todays news paper article about bay area open carry

brad9point0

imported post

I was busy buying every oakland tribune and contra costa times today when at a shell station in emeryville I had an interesting conversation with the cashier who had been taking with customers about open carry all day. So I think we are actually making a positive difference. Plus it also helps I was in the picture! lol I hope we can make a big change for the good here! Lets keep the steam rolling!!!!!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

mathew55

imported post

Hello livermoron; Im new to the site and I really enjoy reading the coments and one day would love to open carry. I have a few questions about oc *when oc'ing can u oc while driving or do youhave to remove and store it in the truck area??? Also I always see areas that doesnt include alameda county is oc'ing even beening done here???? Thanks for you comments....Keep up the good work

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

mathew55 wrote:
Hello livermoron; Im new to the site and I really enjoy reading the coments and one day would love to open carry. I have a few questions about oc *when oc'ing can u oc while driving or do youhave to remove and store it in the truck area??? Also I always see areas that doesnt include alameda county is oc'ing even beening done here???? Thanks for you comments....Keep up the good work
You can open carry while driving providing that you don't drive through any K-12 school zones. If you know you'll be entering a school zone, you need to lock your sidearm in a fully enclosed container.

You're new, so you should watch pullnshoot25's videos: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9CDFD99BEFA7E9CB

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

AdnanShahab

imported post

Members of this forum have already open carried in Alameda County. We did a meetup in Livermore, and many individuals have open carried while going about their daily business throughout Alameda County.

If I were to take a guess, I would say that we will probably do another meetup somewhere in Alameda County in the next few weeks (definitely after the February 6 event in Walnut Creek). The only problem is that we might want to address some other areas (e.g. San Mateo County) before we do another Alameda County meetup.