• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Temperature range

NY2AZ

imported post

It averages in the mid 40's during the morning, but once the sun comes up it warms up to the high 60's or mid 70's

TOF

imported post

If he drove in through Northern AZ he is probably under a huge pile of white stuff. It's way above the armpits. Our area snow plow has been stuck 6 times in the past 2 days and it is a big one.
:shock:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

You are now prob'ly in snow up to yer armpits or beyond. Maybe they'll find you in the spring? :p

TOF

imported post

Arizona is a wonder. Each year we have a unique temperature curve which causes a particular calendar day to be different than the last year's. If you wish to know the average temperature on a given day I suggest you research the National Weather Service records. If you wish to know the actual temperature and whether it is comfortable I suggest you be in Arizona on that day.

I have only lived here 70 years so obviously don't know which part of the year is decent.

Have a nice trip.

jayspapa

imported post

TOF ,

Nothing was said about you knowing or not knowing when it was decent weather in your area.

I was aking the range because I have a disability that stops me from being outside in exstreme heat. I know you guys don't have humidity like we do here , but 100 degrees is hot no matter where you are. I have a very hard time breathing in those temps.

By the way , Thanks for your help.

jayspapa

imported post

Thanks Sonora Rebel. Thats just what I was looking for. Those temps I can handle. Not planing on staying forever. Just the dates I stated .

I just didn't want to make the trip and then not be able to enjoy your fine state.

TOF

imported post

Sonora gave you the information the local Chamber of Commerce wants you to have. He also indicated it can be hot in Arizona and if you truly can't tolerate 100 degrees you might be better off not coming. He is correct on both counts.

Most people generally find the month of March to be one of our most comfortable months. It can however be very hot in March. There is a very old saying applicable to your situation. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the Kitchen.

For what it's worth, I smoked for 55 years and have 48% lung function, COPD and all that nonsense. I use oxygen from time to time when at upper elevations where I live (7,000ft). I have no problem breathing at 110 Degrees and above in Scottsdale.

It may not top 100 in march but it can certainly get into the 90's

TOF

imported post

I am bored so have obtained reality for you.

You may wish to note the Record high and record Low-High.

Enjoy your trip.

http://ag.arizona.edu/maricopa/garden/html/weather/records.htm#mar

March Rainfall:
  • Average: 0.9 inches
  • Record: 4.9 inches (1941)
Temperature (degrees F):
  • Average High: 75.5 degrees
  • Lowest High: 49 degrees (1915)
  • Record High: 100 degrees (1988)
  • Average Low: 48.8 degrees
  • Highest Low: 74 degrees (1986)
  • Record Low: 25 degrees (1966)
Even February can push your limit.

February Rainfall:
  • Average: 0.7 inches
  • Record: 4.7 inches(1905)
Temperature (degrees F):
  • Average High: 70.7 degrees
  • Lowest High: 46 degrees (1899, 1903)
  • Record High: 92 degrees (1921, 1986)
  • Average Low: 44.7 degrees
  • Highest Low: 65 degrees (1996)
  • Record Low: 24 degrees (1899, 1993)

jayspapa

imported post

Thanks for your help TOF . Maybe humidity affects my situation more than I thought. I am in the same shoes as you it would seem. I have COPD also with less than 50% of my lung function from smokeing and working as a weldor most of my life.However I am on oxygen 24/7at 2L/min. while at rest.

I have had trouble breathing today with our humidity level at 75% right now as I type this. Acording to the site you listed for me it was only 46 % in Scottsdale today. That would make a big difference.

I look forward to visiting your fine state. I've never been in the Southwest part of our country.

TOF

imported post

You will probably not want to leave once you spend a day or two here. The humidity is high in Scottsdale today because we just had a week of rain which is extremely rare.