• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife is wanting to go to a local park in the morning.

Crypto

imported post

According to this in puyallup:
9.20.050 Fireworks, firearms, and weapons. It is unlawful to shoot, fire or explode any fireworks, firecrackers, torpedoes or explosives of any kind or to carry any firearms, air guns, bows and arrows, B-B guns, or use any slingshot in any park unless a written permit has been obtained from the parks director. (Ord. 2840 §2, 2005; Ord. 2105 § 2, 1986; Ord. 1733 § 4, 1978).

Everyone on this board and the sticky above is saying that this is in line with state laws.

Well what does that mean? Is it safe for me to go into any puyallup parks with my weapon concealed on my body? Or can I open carry?

holeinhead

imported post

You can do both, OC or CC (with a permit). State preemption in a nutshell makes it so that any local laws more strict than the state's doesn't apply. May not stop an ill-informed cop from hassling you though.

Crypto

imported post

So, in that rcw. Its this last sentence:

RCW 9.41.290
Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality.

joeroket

imported post

You know I read that wrong in the other thread. That ordinance from puyallup is not in line with and is more restrictive than state law. You may get hassled by the local PD but you will be legal.

jarhead1911A

imported post

joeroket wrote:
You know I read that wrong in the other thread. That ordinance from puyallup is not in line with and is more restrictive than state law. You may get hassled by the local PD but you will be legal.

Anyone remember my Ordeal with PPD?? Hassled isnt the word i would choose to describe how those people violate rights be careful.

We had a OCDO lunch in one of the parks in puyallup after i got jacked up by them and there we to many of us to hassle but i am sure if it had been only 1 or 2 of us they would have done some illegal things to us.

DEROS72

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
joeroket wrote:

Anyone remember my Ordeal with PPD?? Hassled isnt the word i would choose to describe how those people violate rights be careful.

We had a OCDO lunch in one of the parks in puyallup after i got jacked up by them and there we to many of us to hassle but i am sure if it had been only 1 or 2 of us they would have done some illegal things to us.
Heres a couple of shots from our lunch after Jarhead got hassled..

DEROS72

imported post

Cops cruised around but never approached

DEROS72

imported post

Group shot in front of the no firearms sign

jarhead1911A

imported post

all of us standing there only proves my point about PPD, When your alone with no one to see what happens they will screw with you bad!!!!

Crypto

imported post

I think I just wasted an hour of my life reading your post. There is no story there. Everyone is asking you for the story but it seems like your not giving it out. Is it resolved now? Can you release the real story?

I read about 3/4 of it. It went into how fast cars are and then bikes. Now I just kinda lost interest in reading the damn thing. Intill I hit Alien shapeshifters infiltrating PPD. :celebrate

Nice pictures though. Yup thats pioneer park :)

jarhead1911A

imported post

the situation is still not resolved the moral of the story is that i had my gun taken from me for OCing in puyallup and even though the officers involved admitted that OC is legal in this state they said that i could not do it in there city.

They took my weapon and fired it while in custody and they told me they took it for officer safety which is complete crap.

I damn near got shot over the whole ordeal and i have ZERO respect for anyone who is a cop for that crappy town.

Trigger Dr

imported post

At the November WAC show, one of the senior patrolmen from PPD came up to my table and asked a LOT of questions about OC and the law. He went away with copies of training bulletins, OCDO flyers, case law from federal and state, and a promise to take it to the dept training officer to try to get a training bulletin issued.

I will inquire next show to find out where we and they stand on it.