• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was Asked to leave

JTknives

imported post

I donate plasma 2 time a week and i always open carry. The first time i went i did not carry just because i was late and i wanted to scope out the place and see if thy had any signsand what not. the cost looked clear so next time i carry-ed. I'm sitting there waiting and filling out some paper work and i hear my name called. so i go up and a man says fallow me. he takes me to a room and closes the door. he then points to may gun and says you cant have that in here. i say cant have what ;), he sheepishly say "your gun". i say well i checked the entrance and "no guns" was not posted anywhere. he tells me its corporate policy. i say well i did not see a sign. then he tells me that people that concile cant carry ether. My question is because its not posted and thy ask just me to remove my gun or leave and no one else, would it be considered discretion. I would like to right a letter to the "corporate and let them know I'm not happy because when i leave thy make us go out the back of the building and its always dark, real dark back there. thanks guys and girls

Deepdiver36

imported post

While I agree with your argument, do you realize you are unwittingly showing them the way to keep ALL firearms out of their business. Let them do their own homework.

Every time we challenge a business, they become less ignorant of the methods to keep firearms out. Not to start a debate, about OC vs CC as it has been done enough, but could you have just CC'ed in this environment and still accomplished your objective of protecting yourself?

Concealed is concealed and they would not have every known you were carrying.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I open carry almost everywhere now if I am not correct you are sitting in a chair in order to give plasma ? You have one or two IV's hooked up one to extract and another to put the plasma back in.

Now you are in close proximity to other people with techs and patients coming and going. What is the the chance you could retain your firearm while hooked up to the machine since you can't look behind yourself very well.

Now what about the chance you pass out or have medical complications. A concealed firearm might give you the choice of protecting yourself then leaving going back to open carry.

Even though I open carry all the time their are times I feel it appropriate to conceal my firearm. I always comply with directives to leave property if asked to do so.

By giving the employee grief about you carrying your firearm then suggesting to put signs up is not a good way to go.

Discretion will go a long ways if used correctly.

JTknives

imported post

I thought i would expound on what happened. i was in a hurry to leave the house so i did not explain that good. when the nice man told me about the gun i politely said I'm sorry i did not know as i did not see a sign. he then told me it was corporate policy and i again told him i was sorry, i did not know. He was very nice and so was i. i had no reason to put up a fight. As for the donation process, i sit in a chair with my back to a wall. i have one needle in my right arm and that is it. i carry my gun on my left side and would not have any problem drawing or protecting it. about concealing my gun, i also don't want to start a OC vs CC fight. It should not matter if i OC or CC. I OC, thats the choice i have made for personal reasons and don't believe i should be forced into CC just so i can sneak a gun in. I think any law abiding citizen wanting to exercises there constitutional Right should not be discriminated against. I guess for me it just comes down to the fact that i believe that any business open to the public and that invites the public in should not be allowed to discriminate against people that carry guns be it OC or CC. yes i understand peoples views on that its there property but its not there house, where thy don't invite the public. To me its the same as saying sorry you cant be here because your Mormon or Catholic or what not. a religion is a choice just as carrying a gun is and both are protected by the Constitution. the Right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED PERIOD.

ichigo

imported post

JTknives wrote:
I thought i would expound on what happened. i was in a hurry to leave the house so i did not explain that good. when the nice man told me about the gun i politely said I'm sorry i did not know as i did not see a sign. he then told me it was corporate policy and i again told him i was sorry, i did not know. He was very nice and so was i. i had no reason to put up a fight. As for the donation process, i sit in a chair with my back to a wall. i have one needle in my right arm and that is it. i carry my gun on my left side and would not have any problem drawing or protecting it. about concealing my gun, i also don't want to start a OC vs CC fight. It should not matter if i OC or CC. I OC, thats the choice i have made for personal reasons and don't believe i should be forced into CC just so i can sneak a gun in. I think any law abiding citizen wanting to exercises there constitutional Right should not be discriminated against. I guess for me it just comes down to the fact that i believe that any business open to the public and that invites the public in should not be allowed to discriminate against people that carry guns be it OC or CC. yes i understand peoples views on that its there property but its not there house, where thy don't invite the public. To me its the same as saying sorry you cant be here because your Mormon or Catholic or what not. a religion is a choice just as carrying a gun is and both are protected by the Constitution. the Right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED PERIOD.
I am assuming you are getting paid for this service? This would explain the apparent defensive nature in your post. If you must write a letter, read some other letters others have posted to get a good idea. Use very kind speech and exclude any personal emotion. State facts and cite codes. Personally, I'm not offended by the corporate policy and would find another source of income where it is a win win deal. To me they are a bunch of blood suckers:lol:. If you are donating for free there are plenty of places that allow guns ie. hospitals.
-banki-

kirkaroberts

imported post

JTknives wrote:
I donate plasma 2 time a week and i always open carry. The first time i went i did not carry just because i was late and i wanted to scope out the place and see if thy had any signsand what not. the cost looked clear so next time i carry-ed. I'm sitting there waiting and filling out some paper work and i hear my name called. so i go up and a man says fallow me. he takes me to a room and closes the door. he then points to may gun and says you cant have that in here. i say cant have what ;), he sheepishly say "your gun". i say well i checked the entrance and "no guns" was not posted anywhere. he tells me its corporate policy. i say well i did not see a sign. then he tells me that people that concile cant carry ether. My question is because its not posted and thy ask just me to remove my gun or leave and no one else, would it be considered discretion. I would like to right a letter to the "corporate and let them know I'm not happy because when i leave thy make us go out the back of the building and its always dark, real dark back there. thanks guys and girls
I honestly don't mean to sound like a smart A$$ or like I am being condescending, but if you do elect to write a letter to corporate, please have someone help you with it.

Can you donate somewhere else?

Good luck.