• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Familiar with this OC Incident?

Neplusultra

imported post

ed wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
ed wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
I would like to see what charges they arrested him for
He was arrested for 308J1

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308
How could they think to charge him with that if he was OC'ing? Is that why it was dropped?
Pro.. yer a smart guy.. you should teach :)

Don't forget, police can arrest you for ANYTHING..
I'd press a complaint for false arrest then..... Maybe sue. They cannot be allowed to get away with that type of behavior.

Repeater

imported post

mobeewan wrote:
Central Park is is the big shopping center on the North side of RT 3 next to I-95 in Spotsylvania county.

18-2.308-J1. Any person permitted to carry a concealed handgun, who is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while carrying such handgun in a public place, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. Conviction of any of the following offenses shall be prima facie evidence, subject to rebuttal, that the person is "under the influence" for purposes of this section: manslaughter in violation of § 18.2-36.1, maiming in violation of § 18.2-51.4, driving while intoxicated in violation of § 18.2-266, public intoxication in violation of § 18.2-388, or driving while intoxicated in violation of § 46.2-341.24. Upon such conviction that court shall revoke the person's permit for a concealed handgun and promptly notify the issuing circuit court. A person convicted of a violation of this subsection shall be ineligible to apply for a concealed handgun permit for a period of five years.

My take on this is that you have to be convicted of one of the statutes listed in order to be deemed "under the influence" while carrying a "Concealed Handgun".

So, If he had just taken a drink of his just ordered beer and was "open carrying", what crime did he commit????????
Do any of you know who's responsible for J1?

Our new Governor:

House amendments - SB 744 Concealed weapons permits.

Tomahawk

imported post

ed wrote:
Repeater wrote:
Our new Governor:
Good forhim. If someone is going to drink while carrying, I would rather him be arrested then represent that ALL gun owners are that careless.
And thus freedom is choked to death, slowly and steadily, in the name of making gun onwers look responsible.

VaLiberty

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
ed wrote:
Repeater wrote:
Our new Governor:
Good forhim. If someone is going to drink while carrying, I would rather him be arrested then represent that ALL gun owners are that careless.
And thus freedom is choked to death, slowly and steadily, in the name of making gun onwers look responsible.
+1

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
ed wrote:
Repeater wrote:
Our new Governor:

Uh Huh
Glad you don't hunt Hawk. If you do, glad you stay up North.

Tomahawk

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
ed wrote:
Repeater wrote:
Our new Governor:

Uh Huh

I suppose you mean that because I oppose more unnecessary laws I must condone irresponsible behavior. That's a logical fallacy.

You're free to hunt with whomever you do or don't want to, but you should make your choices based on better reasoning then that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I suppose you mean that because I oppose more unnecessary laws I must condone irresponsible behavior. That's a logical fallacy.

You're free to hunt with whomever you do or don't want to, but you should make your choices based on better reasoning then that.
Or is it fallacious logic? There is a difference.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
ed wrote:
Repeater wrote:
Our new Governor:

Uh Huh

I don't like drunks within rifle distance. That's the only reason I need.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Scary carry does not help normalize gun ownership - and drinking while open carrying in the vast majority o people's opinion is about as scary or scarier that open carrying with the gun in your hand and not a holster - both activities being legal in Virginia.

Fortunately almost every gun owner in Virginia knows better than to drink in public while open carrying and to stay away from the bar area of a restaurant even if you are not drnking - one good deterrant to this is that in Virginia, like most states, you can be arrestedand convicted for public intoxication without any evidence of blood alcohol content - simply the officers' testimoney that you appeared intoxicated can suffice - and by the way, a conviction for public intoxication in Virginia is grounds to revoke your concealed carry permit.

Infidel

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
ed wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
ed wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
I would like to see what charges they arrested him for
He was arrested for 308J1

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308
How could they think to charge him with that if he was OC'ing? Is that why it was dropped?
Pro.. yer a smart guy.. you should teach :)

Don't forget, police can arrest you for ANYTHING..
I really need to start working on that open carry class for law enforcement. Its been something I've been meaning to write for some time. Just need to show the LE agencies that they'll benefit from it.
Use Norfolk PD and Danbus as the examples of Why they would benefit from the class!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I really need to start working on that open carry class for law enforcement. Its been something I've been meaning to write for some time. Just need to show the LE agencies that they'll benefit from it.
+1 I was just talking to a Loudoun Deputy about the very same thing. He was asking me if I would do a class for his "team". I am still thinkin about how I would want to present it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ed wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
+1 I was just talking to a Loudoun Deputy about the very same thing. He was asking me if I would do a class for his "team". I am still thinkin about how I would want to present it.

From "low ready"? :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
ed wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

From "low ready"? :)
Did someone say "low ready?"

Yata hey

t33j

imported post

lol
I just clicked the link higher up in the thread and started reading... followed by a little freaking out:cuss: when I got to the part I mentioned. I didn't make it all the way to the end.