• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hero detective who risked life to battle Mafia told to give up his gun by NYPD

BillMCyrus

imported post

Any progress on this? This detective would have one heck of a case after McDonald and Palmer to wipe out NYC's absurd anti CCW policies. NYC's gun laws need to be completely done away with and all of their advocates--Bloomberg, his judges, and the PD heads--severely punished.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't get it. How can one deride the Mafia, and act like working for the Government is good?

We were better off with the Mafia, than the Government that replaced it.

Protection Money = Taxes
Numbers Racketeering = The Lottery

Oh, I don't feel like listing the rest.

This guy isn't a hero. He's being disarmed by the very beast he helped create. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

KansasMustang

imported post

Just me sayin' it,,again... Y'all aught to be ashamed of yourselves! okay, so the man is/was a detective,,, and as such a retired LEO in NYC who BTW pulled a gotcha on La Cosa Nostra. Which, if i know the mob as well as I think I do, means that someone is gunning for this guy.
Sorry folks I CANNOT in good conscience say that his right to keep and bear arms should be infringed,,,think about it...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I have no idea of this detectives story and don't think anybody should be disbarred arms.

Than I thought well as a NY detective if he worked to disarm the public according to NY law than he shouldn't have one now he is retired. Why should he have one if average Joe working man citizen can't.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I have no idea of this detectives story and don't think anybody should be disbarred arms.
I would normally agree.

But someone who spent his life depriving others of their right to bear arms, and who helped establish a much worse 'mafia' than the real one... Nope. If someone is gunning for him, I hope they get their mark. He's a traitor and a hypocrite.