• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tompson for open carry guy

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

My Grandfather fought in Italy and Africa in WWII. I was in the Army for 8 years. Don't lecture me on what I may and may not do.

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2010-01-23 14:38:39
Subject: Thompson for a carry gun

Dude, I have read every response to the post you started and you are an attention getter who is looking for or looking to start trouble. Do you really think that attention won't be drawn to you?? Try to rationalize what you are asking about. We have solders dying in Iraq,Afganistan, and all over the world. Everyday soldiers and covert operations happen so that you may own and carry a firearm here in the U.S.A. You are looking to abuse your 2nd amendment right, it has nothing to do about being against freedom. You do not act nor think like a rational person. I carry every day concealed, I do not live in an open carry state, If I did I still would not put my Colt AR-15 on my shoulder and walk around. What is your reasoning for wanting to OC a rifle? There is no logical one, I personally beleive like many others have said in this thread, you are insane and looking for trouble....You honestly cannot tell me thast a 1911 or any other .45 ACP is not enough firepower to defend yourself in public. Long guns are great defense weapons for your home. If you fire a long weapon with .223 armor piercing rounds you are going to hit your target (maybe not, if you shoot like you talk) and another person, now you are facing Manslaughter or Murder charges along with a long list of others I'm sure. Wake up man, someone needs to take you to Arlinton Cemetary so you can see how many people died so you can legally own a weapon...........Glock 30

Lord Help Him Please, He needs it. I was not mean or rude and his response was. You can take the trash out of the trailor, but you cant take the trailor out of the trash..LOL....G30

CarryOpen

imported post

I would say that going out of your way to message someone and tell them they are an attention getter looking for trouble is actually quite rude. I would also say that this thread should be locked just as the last one was.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CarryOpen wrote:
I would say that going out of your way to message someone and tell them they are an attention getter looking for trouble is actually quite rude. I would also say that this thread should be locked just as the last one was.
I disagree. When a person comes to an Internet forum and asks questions it is they who have opened a dialogue. At times the open thread discussions can become quite noisy and off topic, so people often use the PM function to reach someone in a quieter way or to avoid an embarrassing topic in public.

In this case a lot of people feel that some of what this guy is doing and is planning to do is a danger to himself and others. Some feel he has a mental problem and they want to reach out to help him. People have tried to reason with him in public, and it is no surprise that they have done so privately as well.

The important thing to remember is that this person came here and asked all of us for advice and continues to do so. He then argues at every turn about the advice he receives, and calls people who do not fit his agenda anti freedom. In my view this shows a lack of honesty and sincerity, and reveals his true purpose as a show off who wants attention.

I do agree that this and any other thread related to this guy and his antics should be turned off and his ID should be locked. (I do not mean the OP of this thread) If he wants to have discussions about carrying TV and Movie customized rifles he should start his own form on that subject. People here are focused on OC of handguns for personal defense. All this guys wants to do is satirize and paint a caricature of that purpose in the eyes of the public.