Thread: A person I know...

Post imported post

applied for his CPL. He had to meet with the gun board last week. He told them about his past (he was arrested almost 10 years ago for a crime that wouldn't keep him from getting his CPL).

He told me that during the gun board meeting the MSP trooper said to the other gun board members "I know this guy smokes crack because he was arrested with a person who does". They told him he wasn't denied, but he wasn't approved either and that they would be calling him sometime next week.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    applied for his CPL. He had to meet with the gun board last week. He told them about his past (he was arrested almost 10 years ago for a crime that wouldn't keep him from getting his CPL).

He told me that during the gun board meeting the MSP trooper said to the other gun board members "I know this guy smokes crack because he was arrested with a person who does". They told him he wasn't denied, but he wasn't approved either and that they would be calling him sometime next week.

Ah yes the old guilty by association. I guess if that was a legitimate reason to arrest/detain/deny people we would all be in jail as we all know people that break the law.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

What should he do if he is denied?

Banned

Post imported post

OC

Post imported post

Obviously, but as far as getting his CPL? He took the CPL that MOC offered in Pinckney a few months ago.

Post imported post

appeal, ps carry a recorder to ALL incounters with officals to cya.

Banned

Post imported post

You can appeal any denial in your freindly circuit court.