• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where do we meet in Olympia on Jan. 26th?

swatspyder

imported post

Full Committee
Senate Hearing Rm 1
J.A. Cherberg Building
Olympia, WA

Meet in front of the Cherberg building at 08:30hrs. The area is going to be packed with employees and other people around Olympia. So drink your coffee before you leave.

Parking Garage for small cars
11th Ave SW and Columbia St SW
Olympia, WA 98501

Parking for cars, SUVs and Trucks refer to this map:
http://www.ga.wa.gov/images/campus-map.pdf

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=101153618041810517186.00047ddaedfd650243692&ll=47.037148,-122.901499&spn=0.005425,0.010933&z=17

Please, IMO and at least a few others, keep the RIFLES at home for this day. We don't want a huge scene out of this testimony.

I am going to be OCing either a Sig P232 or SA 1911. I will be dressed in more or less formal clothes.

Let's try to keep this at least a little bit on the + side, maybe? :?

massivedesign

imported post

You will never find parking near that SBux at 8am.. Hell, even 6am. My mom works at the building adjacent to there... (we have coffee at that Sbux a couple times a week together). Most of the parking is State employee reserved, or employee used meters..

If you want to meet somewhere to gather and then go, I suggest meeting at a larger, open parking lot, then walking over to the Capitol grounds.

There is a "paid" parking structure right off the Capitol grounds at: 106 11th Avenue Southwest - Olympia, WA 98501-2201. This structure does NOT allow vehicles over 6' high... Because of that, there is a oversize vehicle parking area 1 block further down 11th (dead end)... Ironically, that parking lot is shared with the GA & WSP HQ....

swatspyder

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
You will never find parking near that SBux at 8am.. Hell, even 6am. My mom works at the building adjacent to there... (we have coffee at that Sbux a couple times a week together). Most of the parking is State employee reserved, or employee used meters..

If you want to meet somewhere to gather and then go, I suggest meeting at a larger, open parking lot, then walking over to the Capitol grounds.

There is a "paid" parking structure right off the Capitol grounds at: 106 11th Avenue Southwest - Olympia, WA 98501-2201. This structure does NOT allow vehicles over 6' high... Because of that, there is a oversize vehicle parking area 1 block further down 11th (dead end)... Ironically, that parking lot is shared with the GA & WSP HQ....

Location information has been changed in the first post above. Click on the google maps link for a visual of the area where we are going to meet.

amzbrady

imported post

Anyone bringing any pamphlets to hand out?

I got the gas money up, now I just need to find a sitter. The one we usually use is not available tue. How long is this estimated to last, any ideas? I have a three hour drive so this is going to be, wow, hard to say the least. Wish I had the money, to stay the night at a hotel. Are kids allowed?

Richard6218

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Full Committee
Senate Hearing Rm 1
J.A. Cherberg Building
Olympia, WA

Parking Garage @ Intersection Of
Columbia St SW and Union Ave SW
Olympia, WA 98501

A note on the map sez that location is restricted for SUV's, vans and trucks. Presumably those of us in these vehicles can park in the garages at Columbia St and 15th Ave, or in what looks like a large facility with the entrance on Washington St at 11th Ave.

I'M READY TO DO MY PATRICK HENRY SPEECH! Anyone else?

swatspyder

imported post

Original post has been changed a few times. The link to the .pdf file that shows parking locations is in the first post. Check that out, we are just going to meet in front of the Cherberg building at 08:30hrs. It is the easiest thing to do. So drink your coffee before you leave.

amzbrady

imported post

Anyone know the CC site like this? I wonder if there is as much buzz on there as here? Hopefully...

BTW if you have a link, post it, I CC more than OC, I amactually, probably in the wrong classroom.

massivedesign

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Original post has been changed a few times. The link to the .pdf file that shows parking locations is in the first post. Check that out, we are just going to meet in front of the Cherberg building at 08:30hrs. It is the easiest thing to do. So drink your coffee before you leave.
On the link provided on the original post:
Public Parking in the Parking Structure on Columbia & 11th (cars, small PU only) (Behind Meconi's subs)

Public Parking in the Parking Structure on Columbia & 10th (cars, small PU only) (Behind Daily Grind)

Oversize vehicle parking is at the end of 11th, on Water St. There are probably 20-30 stalls, 1/2 of them used 24/7.

Also note, there is TONS of parking all within the physical Capitol Campus. All the access roads, parking lots etc are very well marked with lines and elec meter boxes.

Note: ALL the parking in the area is paid parking.. you gotta pay to park.

swatspyder

imported post

Just reminding everyone that since it is going to be in the morning, and we have been notified that it is going to be busy on the streets around the coffee shops, to just meet at 08:30hrs in front of the Cherberg building. After the testimony, all of those that can, should drive somewhere to eat or just walk to one of the local coffee shops.

Nivek

imported post

Managed to get the day off tomorrow. Will be at the Capitol around 8:30. Now the big question is...What do I wear?
USP? Sig 1911? Sig 226? S&W 686? So many fashion choices here, haha! :cool:

amzbrady

imported post

No go for me, tried both sitters out here and I was thinking about bring my 8 year old daughter with me, but the daddy in my just cant do that to her. That would be almost 8 hours of boredom for her. Sorry guys, if my wife wasnt in the hospital, I'd be there. I did send my emails out to all the reps.