Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: OC meet @Rochester Hills festival

  1. #1
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    We will be having an OC get together at the Rochester Hills festival January 30th at noon. South Main st. Rochester, MI 48307

    This is in downtown Rochester Hills. We can meet up in front of Penn Station
    Hope to see you all there!

  2. #2
    Regular Member FatboyCykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    942

    Post imported post

    Generaldet wrote:
    We will be having an OC get together at the Rochester Hills festival January 30th at noon. South Main st. Rochester, MI 48307

    This is in downtown Rochester Hills. We can meet up in front of Red Knapps.

    Hope to see you all there!
    Let's meet and eat at Penn Station

  3. #3
    Regular Member kyleplusitunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lennon Michigan, ,
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    i commited to Lansing oc on the 30, are you guys cooler?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Treasurer, MOC, Inc. Oakland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    kyleplusitunes wrote:
    i commited to Lansing oc on the 30, are you guys cooler?
    Haha, I would venture to say that any OC meet has some pretty cool people.



  5. #5
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    super_squint wrote:
    kyleplusitunes wrote:
    i commited to Lansing oc on the 30, are you guys cooler?
    Haha, I would venture to say that any OC meet has some pretty cool people.

    Wow, you sound like a politician! Hey, wait that's me

  6. #6
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    FatboyCykes wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    We will be having an OC get together at the Rochester Hills festival January 30th at noon. South Main st. Rochester, MI 48307

    This is in downtown Rochester Hills. We can meet up in front of Red Knapps.

    Hope to see you all there!
    Let's meet and eat at Penn Station
    That's fine too lol. I take it that means your coming? Bringing the fam too?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ortonville, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    97

    Post imported post

    I'd love to make it, but my folks will be down at my place, hoping to see their grandson.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Post imported post

    ^ then why not bring them too?

  9. #9
    Regular Member FatboyCykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    942

    Post imported post

    If she'll put up with me I'd love to bring them. She's so friggin busy with them, something everyday it seems, librarys or movies or what nots :P I'm planning on attending though, yea

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Macomb County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    Too many events on the 30th !!! Would like to see some support in Battle Creek where the chief of police is total moron.

  11. #11
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    way too many on the 30th...
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  12. #12
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    way too many on the 30th...
    Do you realize what you guys are saying?? You can't have too many OC events on the same day, the more the better. There are enough people throughout the state that each event can be successful. Remember, it only takes 5 0r 6 people to make a good statement. You don't necessarily have to have 30 or 40 every time.

    Also, The chances of a large number of people from the metro Detroit area going to Grand Rapids is unlikely. Maybe a few yes, but it's nice to give those who can't make it an alternative. The more events the better!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Macomb County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    Generaldet wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    way too many on the 30th...
    Do you realize what you guys are saying?? You can't have too many OC events on the same day, the more the better. There are enough people throughout the state that each event can be successful. Remember, it only takes 5 0r 6 people to make a good statement. You don't necessarily have to have 30 or 40 every time.

    Also, The chances of a large number of people from the metro Detroit area going to Grand Rapids is unlikely. Maybe a few yes, but it's nice to give those who can't make it an alternative. The more events the better!
    Sounds good to me !!!!

  14. #14
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    excellent point
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  15. #15
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    It's called the blanket effect!! :celebrate
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran RabbiVJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ATL via DTW
    Posts
    212

    Post imported post

    Ill be in for that. What made yall decide on Rochester, If i may ask? RPD is kinda meh...Parking is gonna be a zoo and a half there...i suggest parking off east street between 3rd and 4th across from Rochester Mills.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran RabbiVJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ATL via DTW
    Posts
    212

    Post imported post

    dp.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    mikestilly wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    way too many on the 30th...
    Do you realize what you guys are saying?? You can't have too many OC events on the same day, the more the better. There are enough people throughout the state that each event can be successful. Remember, it only takes 5 0r 6 people to make a good statement. You don't necessarily have to have 30 or 40 every time.

    Also, The chances of a large number of people from the metro Detroit area going to Grand Rapids is unlikely. Maybe a few yes, but it's nice to give those who can't make it an alternative. The more events the better!
    Sounds good to me !!!!
    Mike, the reason I suggested another date for your Battle Creek Event is that BC is not far from the Ponderosa event where the possibility of those in the BC area also attending Ponderosa would be quite high.Generaldet's event in Rochester being on the East side of the State, it's highly unlikely those in the BC area would be able to attend Rochester. As already mentioned, the more events spread across Michigan, the better.




  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Macomb County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    way too many on the 30th...
    Do you realize what you guys are saying?? You can't have too many OC events on the same day, the more the better. There are enough people throughout the state that each event can be successful. Remember, it only takes 5 0r 6 people to make a good statement. You don't necessarily have to have 30 or 40 every time.

    Also, The chances of a large number of people from the metro Detroit area going to Grand Rapids is unlikely. Maybe a few yes, but it's nice to give those who can't make it an alternative. The more events the better!
    Sounds good to me !!!!
    Mike, the reason I suggested another date for your Battle Creek Event is that BC is not far from the Ponderosa event where the possibility of those in the BC area also attending Ponderosa would be quite high.Â*Â*Generaldet's event in Rochester being on the East side of the State, it's highly unlikely those in the BC area would be able to attend Rochester.Â* As already mentioned, the more events spread across Michigan, the better.


    Â*
    Â*

    i have an idea.Â* When you guys finish up people who are interested in our event should meet up with us. Or lets figure something out where people can attend both!


  20. #20
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    Do you mean go from Rochester Hills to Battlecreek?

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    Generaldet wrote:
    Do you mean go from Rochester Hills to Battlecreek?
    No, he means Ponderosa to BC.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran RabbiVJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ATL via DTW
    Posts
    212

    Post imported post

    RabbiVJ wrote:
    Ill be in for that. What made yall decide on Rochester, If i may ask? RPD is kinda meh...Parking is gonna be a zoo and a half there...i suggest parking off east street between 3rd and 4th across from Rochester Mills.
    i may be out for this, i got a couple of things going on sat am...
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastpointe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,440

    Post imported post

    I'm jumping events Mike! My wife wants to stay closer to home so we are going to the Rochester meet. Did we finalize a meeting place and time?

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shelby Township, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    I don't know anyone, but I will be there.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Post imported post

    Welcome to OCDO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •