• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meet @Rochester Hills festival

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
imported post

RabbiVJ wrote:
Ill be in for that. What made yall decide on Rochester, If i may ask? RPD is kinda meh...Parking is gonna be a zoo and a half there...i suggest parking off east street between 3rd and 4th across from Rochester Mills.
i may be out for this, i got a couple of things going on sat am...

lapeer20m

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
yall should do rochester hills-lansing-battle creek

sounds like a fun filled day
Rochester to battle creek would be crazy! Perhaps in the summer when we can all ride our motorcycles! I wonder how many members ride and have cpl's? Could have a fun filled motorcycle multiple venue OC ride this summer. (not having a cpl and oc'ing on a motorcycle may be legal, but is not advisable unless YOU want to be the test case)

anyhow.....

i'm trying to get permission to come to rochester today. It is relatively close to home for me.

Are we primarily going to be outside? The approximate temperature is "holy crap i just froze my nose hairs" cold!

mikestilly

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Rochester to battle creek would be crazy!  Perhaps in the summer when we can all ride our motorcycles!  I wonder how many members ride and have cpl's?  Could have a fun filled motorcycle multiple venue OC ride this summer.  (not having a cpl and oc'ing on a motorcycle may be legal, but is not advisable unless YOU want to be the test case)

anyhow.....

i'm trying to get permission to come to rochester today.  It is relatively close to home for me.   

Are we primarily going to be outside?  The approximate temperature is "holy crap i just froze my nose hairs" cold!

Doin a Warren to Battle Creek today!! :)

autosurgeon

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Rochester to battle creek would be crazy! Perhaps in the summer when we can all ride our motorcycles! I wonder how many members ride and have cpl's? Could have a fun filled motorcycle multiple venue OC ride this summer. (not having a cpl and oc'ing on a motorcycle may be legal, but is not advisable unless YOU want to be the test case)

anyhow.....

i'm trying to get permission to come to rochester today. It is relatively close to home for me.

Are we primarily going to be outside? The approximate temperature is "holy crap i just froze my nose hairs" cold!

Doin a Warren to Battle Creek today!! :)
Lets see my brother myself my dad and my mom all have CPL's and motorcycles... :celebrate

lapeer20m

imported post

my hot wife and i spent an hour or so walking around downtown rochester today. Unfortunately we didn't show up to penn station until about 1230. We didn't see any OC'ers the entire time we were there. I had my drop leg holster so it was plainly visible below my jacket.

only had one lady who said something...

lady: Excuse me, hope you dont mind me asking, are you a cop?
me: No maam, just a regular guy
lady: oh, i thought that was a gun, nevermind
me: It is a gun
lady: OH!
me: but it's ok, this is Michigan
lady: (speaking ot my wife) those jeans are so cute! i'm tall too, where do you find jeans that are long enough? blah blah blah about clothes for a while. Then we continued on our way. She was nice.

next time i plan to go to an event where people will be walking around, i'll try to get the cell number for the organizer so we can actually meet up.

scot623

imported post

Generaldet, I and our wives were inside Penn Station having lunch at 12:30. We figured anyone coming late would peek in and see us. We hung out around town until 2:30. Must say, my wife and I had a really nice time with John and Jessica. One guy in a store asked me if I was a cop. I replied "no", then he asked if I was security, to which I replied "just personal security". He was friendly and didn't seem to be bothered at all, just curious. As this was my first time OC'ing I wasn't up to snuff on the response. I'll get there soon enough.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I got to penn station around 12:10 and met DanC. I went to move the car and went back to the restaurant but DanC never came back.

Overall a great day. No problems at all and my wife and I had a great time with scot623 and his wife.

Looks like the Rochester get together was the only one that didn't have any problems lol. Hell, I didn't even see a cop the whole day!