• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legislative Session

Utah_Patriot

imported post

legislative session starts on Monday January 25th I will be their all day at the State Capitol if anyone cares to join me.

Their is several grass root meetings taking place that day if anyone wants to show up.

This session should be a good year for gun rights. If you plan on showing up I can be reached at 801-448-7574.

I will post the events that are scheduled for that day. We could always use more open carriers at these meetings.

Utah Rising - Press Conference Jan 25 January 25, 2010 from 12pm to 1pm – Salt Lake Capitol West Building (West of the Courtyard) All liberty minded Utahns are encouraged to come and support this Press Conference on Monday, Jan. 25 at 12:00. At the Capitol. Sunday Dress; you will probably be on camera. PRESS RELEASE “Utah Ris Organized by Larry | Type: press, conference

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I had a great time at the Capitol today Open carried the whole time through the senate floors and through committee rooms.

Walked pass several Troopers and never said a word. I thanked them for keeping the Capitol safe and wished them a good day.

I spoke with several people from the Senate and will continue going up through the legislative session.

kirkaroberts

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I had a great time at the Capitol today Open carried the whole time through the senate floors and through committee rooms.

Walked pass several Troopers and never said a word. I thanked them for keeping the Capitol safe and wished them a good day.

I spoke with several people from the Senate and will continue going up through the legislative session.
That is excellent. I didn't know they would let you in the Capitol with a firearm. I guess I always thought it functioned kind of like a courthouse with regards to firearms. Thank you for exercising this right and setting or maintaining the precedence, whichever the case was.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Yes I recommend a CCW due to the high amount of school trips that were happening.

But I have opened carried to the capitol on multiple occiasions with no problems at all
very different environment when the state legislative is in session.

You can also go their in person and sit in on the committees and testify if you choose to do so. You can talk face to face with your elected officials while in session email fax or call them.

I personally am following the firearm legislation and a few other bill's I find interesting and apply to me.

If anyone wants to go down please let me know I would be happy to show you how it is done.

Thanks
Zach
801-448-7574 Call or Txt

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Sadly I spoke with Carl Wimmer and my Sen and Rep I emailed. I still have 44 Days to go down to the capitol and talk with them face to face.

I do plan on being present on the committee for HB78 and if nobody from Utah Shooting Sports is present to testify on the bills behalf.

I would encourage anyone who wants to know more about the state capitol to just go down and learn the process or sit in on a session.

kirkaroberts

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Yes I recommend a CCW due to the high amount of school trips that were happening.

But I have opened carried to the capitol on multiple occiasions with no problems at all
very different environment when the state legislative is in session.

You can also go their in person and sit in on the committees and testify if you choose to do so. You can talk face to face with your elected officials while in session email fax or call them.

I personally am following the firearm legislation and a few other bill's I find interesting and apply to me.

If anyone wants to go down please let me know I would be happy to show you how it is done.

Thanks
Zach
801-448-7574 Call or Txt
I have a CFP and do correspond with my Representative by E-mail and have spoken with him on the telephone. I am fortunate to have Rep. Curtis Oda representing my district. I sent you a PM. Thanks