• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

18yo CPL carry INTRODUCED!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great Job!!!!!! Plus one for freedom. I know it hasn't passed or even been heard but to even get it introduced is a small victory in my opinion.

So we loose a few states reciprocity there are 11 states that we might gain it with.

Why I believe we should become a shall accept state. Instead of waiting or having the federal gov. force reciprocity down a states throat states should do it first.

kschmadeka

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Why I believe we should become a shall accept state. Instead of waiting or having the federal gov. force reciprocity down a states throat states should do it first.

The last national bill I remember seeing came with national restrictions, so that's not the way to go anyhow. And since they've already inserted an unsolicited improvement to the reciprocity law in this bill, if this gets heard maybe we can bring that up. Only if there's wide support for that idea though, last thing we want to do is poison this now. Alternatively, if this actually goes anywhere then the issue is officially moving again, which opens the door for more improvementsnext year.

In 2005, the year after reciprocity was enacted, there was an improvement bill that did the same thing, accepted permits from states that issue to people under 21. It passed House Judiciary and then died in Rules from a lack of support. Let's make sure that doesn't happen this time!

kschmadeka

imported post

WHOA!

Just read through the bill some more. While my version added a provison to the law regarding pistol possession by 18 to 20 year olds to allow possession while carrying with a cpl, the new introduced version simply repeals that whole section. Which means... guess what...

IT COVERS OC!!!

I think somebody is out to make me feel stupid...

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
WHOA!

Just read through the bill some more. While my version added a provison to the law regarding pistol possession by 18 to 20 year olds to allow possession while carrying with a cpl, the new introduced version simply repeals that whole section. Which means... guess what...

IT COVERS OC!!!

I think somebody is out to make me feel stupid...
Gotta remake the flier again....FOR THE BETTER!!!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

FRANKENYOTA91

imported post

im really hoping this goes thru. I want to be able to buy and carry a pistol and not have to wait till im 21.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

FRANKENYOTA91 wrote:
im really hoping this goes thru. I want to be able to buy and carry a pistol and not have to wait till im 21.
I don't think you would be able to buy a handgun through an ffl. I think that is federal law. You could still buy a handgun through private seller.

cynicist

imported post

I'm still waiting for a CPL to cover a knife. Freakin' ridiculous. I can carry a Mac-11 and an AK pistol and six or seven pocket pistols, and then go to jail for up to 1 year for my 3inch Gerber.

kschmadeka

imported post

FRANKENYOTA91 wrote:
If you're in the 18 to 20 set, we really need your help now too.Get a copy of Poosharker's flyer from himand send it to every young adult you know who might get involved. Then contact all the people I've listed previously, especially the House Judiciary, and make sure they're aware this concerns you directly.

Reco Very

imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
FRANKENYOTA91 wrote:
If you're in the 18 to 20 set, we really need your help now too.Get a copy of Poosharker's flyer from himand send it to every young adult you know who might get involved. Then contact all the people I've listed previously, especially the House Judiciary, and make sure they're aware this concerns you directly.
Yes he is in the 18-20 bracket. He is my 18 yo son.:D
He has already printed out some flyers to take to the tech college he is attending.:celebrate

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Reco Very wrote:
Yes he is in the 18-20 bracket. He is my 18 yo son.:D
He has already printed out some flyers to take to the tech college he is attending.:celebrate
I updated the flier to say HB 3082, not much difference, but it does specify the bill number.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

I don't mean to be a party pooper but this is a crazy idea. Scientist say that the frontal cortex doesn't develope fully untill age 25. Thats when they get control of their impulses, thats why car insurence goes down at 25. I go to a tech college and there is no way in hell I would want to see some , I said some of these kids have a gun. I would have to say no to this one, unless there was a required class and trainning that went along with it.:cry::(:cry:

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I have been trained to ignore people like you with your scientific data! ;)

Anyways, possibly some young adults will not make it to 21, forget 25, without this bill. I barely made it to 17 and in a month I fought death and won :D.

kschmadeka

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
I don't mean to be a party pooper but this is a crazy idea.
In that case you are free to contact the legislature and voice your opposition. We're going ahead with this and not wasting any more time on discussion about whether to.

Here you can see a map of the 11 states with 18y/o carry and the two with 16y/o carry. http://dustinsgunblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/map-of-minimum-age-to-conceal-carry.html

They seem to be getting along with it just fine. P.S. Screw scientists.

Tawnos

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
I don't mean to be a party pooper but this is a crazy idea. Scientist say that the frontal cortex doesn't develope fully untill age 25. Thats when they get control of their impulses, thats why car insurence goes down at 25. I go to a tech college and there is no way in hell I would want to see some , I said some of these kids have a gun. I would have to say no to this one, unless there was a required class and trainning that went along with it.:cry::(:cry:
Odd, you're arguing maturity and these young *adults* spell better than you. They can vote, they can have sex, they can enter legally binding contracts, they are tried as adults, they bear the full blunt and responsibility of adulthood. Yet for some reason, you think denying this group of United States Citizens their full rights and privileges is appropriate.