• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charter Arms will introduce rimless revolver early 2010

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
This is why I've always wanted a Smith & Wesson 327PD...
8 rounds of .357 Magnum Hellfire and Brimstone to throw at a bad guy... or .38 Special if you opt for that. I'll take that, especially over a 7+1 1911.
For another dollar you can have an extra scope: 8 + 1 = 1911. :)

Yata hey

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just do not get the attraction to moon clips.

I grandly prefer a 1-sec reload of my 16-round 9mm magazine to a 3-second reload of a 6-shot revolver using a speedloader. Plus, the mags are much thinner and flush than a speedloader.

I don't know how long it takes to load two moon clips, but I'd imagine it's probably on the order of 3-5 seconds if you're really proficient.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
since9 wrote:
I just do not get the attraction to moon clips.

I grandly prefer a 1-sec reload of my 16-round 9mm magazine to a 3-second reload of a 6-shot revolver using a speedloader.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uisHfKj2JiI
Terrific apples and oranges comparison, HankT. I'm an apple, and the fine shooter you referenced is the orange. And the difference between a 17-shot 9mm and a 6-shot revolver is like comparing grapes with watermellons.

This individual did 6 and 6 rapid reload in 2.99 seconds. I can do the same, without breaking for a reload, in less time with my 9mm, which is one reason I opted for it over a revolver in the first place.

But please don't ask me to do 6 and 6 rapid reload with a revolver in under even 6 seconds, twice this competitive shooter's time, as I probably couldn't, even with a lot of practice.

On the other hand, the individual in your video could probably cut my 9mm shooting time in half with the same or better accuracy.

My point is this: Comparing one shooter's prowess with one system with another shooter's prowess with another system is an apples and oranges comparison to the extreme.

My comment about not getting "moon clips" has to do with the fact that I'm faster with a 9mm than I am with moon clips in a twelve-shot sequence. Your expert shooter would also be faster with a 9mm than he would be with moon clips in a twelve-short sequence.

End of story, and hopefully, the end of inconsequential apples and oranges, grapes and watermelon comparisons.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Of course, handling a firearm in any capacity, aiming, shooting, reloading, clearing a malfunction, etc in a time you actually need to is likely not going to be done in the same amount of time one has practiced in.