• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kent Fred Meyer OC

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Last night I went to the Fred Meyer on Kent's east hill with my wife and daughter. Mostly grocery shopping for about 1.5 hours. Again, no problems or contact from any employees. None from customers. No sneaky police stops.

Although, there were a couple teenage boys during our trip that would check-out my 15 yo daughter, then when they saw me standing there with my gun on my hip, they blush and look the other way... :cool: It's funny to see their eyes pop out in that situation. I wonder what's running through their heads? "HOLY $HIT! I better not mess with that girl. Her dad carries a gun around."

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I was cleaning guns one time when a hairy legged, hormone enriched, young man came to see my daughter. He was very polite but never came back. God I hated those days.

slowfiveoh

imported post

I have plenty of war stories to share, and hope to have a collection of AR15's by time my daughter is old enough to date.

I am hoping that will suffice until college...

:D

amzbrady

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Last night I went to the Fred Meyer on Kent's east hill with my wife and daughter. Mostly grocery shopping for about 1.5 hours. Again, no problems or contact from any employees. None from customers. No sneaky police stops.

Although, there were a couple teenage boys during our trip that would check-out my 15 yo daughter, then when they saw me standing there with my gun on my hip, they blush and look the other way... :cool: It's funny to see their eyes pop out in that situation. I wonder what's running through their heads? "HOLY $HIT! I better not mess with that girl. Her dad carries a gun around."

One of my favorite Quotes, was from the Rosanne Barr Show.

Mark "you cant stop me from seeing Becky, she'll see me if she wants".

Dan "Hell, I can stop you from seeing tomorrow".

amzbrady

imported post

My daughter is 8 and has already asked how you have to be to have a boyfriend. OH NO. I have thought When she gets older and her date comes to pick her up that I willfind the biggest bullet I can, and hand it to him and tell him. "If you late bringing her back or if ANYTHING happens, this will be your next date".

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I use to spend a lot of time at the Marysville Fred Meyer. At the time they were having trouble with teens hanging out in the furniture section until closing. I suppose if you have nothing better to do?

I noticed them there one night as I walked by in with my XD45 at my hip. Because I was unfamiliar with the store layout at the time I was going back and forth across the store looking for my items. Each time I walked by there were less and less of these "Teens" hanging out.

Somehow the problem disappeared. I have no clue if I was part of the reason, but no one has ever hassled me in that store while carrying.

Trigger Dr

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
My daughter is 8 and has already asked how you have to be to have a boyfriend. OH NO. I have thought When she gets older and her date comes to pick her up that I willfind the biggest bullet I can, and hand it to him and tell him. "If you late bringing her back or if ANYTHING happens, this will be your next date".

When a new boyfriend would come by, on the first time I met him, I would bring out my handcuffs and say,"let's try these on so you will know what to expect if things go wrong"

Seldom had a problem

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
When a new boyfriend would come by, on the first time I met him, I would bring out my handcuffs and say,"let's try these on so you will know what to expect if things go wrong"

Seldom had a problem

And I would be the smartass that said..

'That's OK sir, me and your daughter already tried them'

:D

.45ACPaddy

imported post

If/when I have a daughter and she brings a guy over, I'll be cleaning and/or checking out a gun. His worthiness will be determined, among other things, by his reaction to the sight of a gun.

If he freaks out, he no longer sees her.

If he asks what make/model/caliber my gun is, how often I go to the range, if I reload, if I carry, etc. then he's approved, for the time being. :lol:

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
If/when I have a daughter and she brings a guy over, I'll be cleaning and/or checking out a gun. His worthiness will be determined, among other things, by his reaction to the sight of a gun.

If he freaks out, he no longer sees her.

If he asks what make/model/caliber my gun is, how often I go to the range, if I reload, if I carry, etc. then he's approved, for the time being. :lol:

Ahh... some people just don't know teenage girls.

First of all, they don't bring them home to get daddy's approval, they bring them home to rub them in daddy's face. The more you dissapprove, the more they will like them! In their eye, the WORSE thing that can happen is that you like the guy.

Girls should not be allowed to date until they are 25, have a good paying job, and their own apartment. :)

Mech

imported post

My girlfriend and I go to the same college but live in different states (me in WA, her in MO), so I've already met her dad once before I visited her family in MO.

First night I was there, her dad asked me if I shoot, which I told him I shoot mostly pistols.

Second day there, took all of us out to the family farm, gave me a Winchester 30.06 (I THINK it was a Winchester), and told me to have fun; I made good work of a LOT of old cans they had lying around. He also let me drive the family sedan after we got back from the farm to the grocery store.

That night, he came home, set down a case of Budlight right infront of me, and said, Welcome to the family, son :D