Thread: video of LA open carry stop 4 January.

Post imported post

The video is at this site- http://www.opencarryradio.com/?p=435

Clearly the LA police have way too much time and too many resources. LA residents, please note how they spend your money.

I can't wait to see who really called in the two who were open carrying.
    Tack
    It does not take courage to change America, it takes courage to keep it.
    Ignorance of the law is an excuse for neither citizens..nor for law enforcement.
    NRA life member

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Oh wow.....good job. Did they know they were being recorded. They admitted you were doing nothing unlawful. Her statements at the end were horrendous. How do they know anybody is not a felon? Keep up the good work, and don't let this deter your legally protected method of carrying.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

That's me recording. My DSLR is hanging on my chest with its bright red light blinking its intent.

Post imported post

You did pretty good with everything. Thanks for stepping up.

Post imported post

Occured January 3, not 4.

There were four UOCers, not two.

Post imported post

Considering the totally bankrupt condition California finds itself in, at all levels of government, it is SO time to really start pushing.

UOC events wtih 3-4 people, concurrently, within a single jurisdiction, so that law enforcement can not respond with such rediculous manpower to "investigate" (i.e. trample rights) citizens who are lawfully going about their business.

I now live in Oregon, where I open carry exclusively,but I am a political refugee from the PRK. I now find myself travelling home two weekends a month because my father recently passed on. Since I am going tothe town where I grew up and know where all the schools are, I will be joining the ranks of the UOCers in California.....I just have to determine which of my firearms I will be able to carry since we do not have rediculous magazine capacity laws here in Oregon.

It is time!
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

A ECNALG wrote:
    Occured January 3, not 4.

There were four UOCers, not two.
    Oh, and no fewer that 17 cops on the ground, as per best count from the stills that I took.

Post imported post

Hey but that's your fault for not calling ahead. LOL......

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

And I scanned the roof tops for snipers teams, too. Nothing ! Helicopter...yes. Paramedic's unit....yes. But no SWAT or sniper teams. It was like they didn't really love us! Sniffle, sniffle.

Maybe theyreserve that kinda stuff for parties of eight of more who stand around drinking icy-blended mochas.

Post imported post

Well what did they expect they forgot to call us and let us know what they ate for breakfast.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

Good video - but man is that guys voice annoying!
    Funny though, that one cop had no idea how to check a 1911!

Post imported post

Many of us are proud! You were relentless! When's somebody gonna sue em? Does PrePaid legal cover this? Maybe if you're arrested?

Dave

Post imported post

My Bro in law says San Jose PD is under manned by 250 officers and had his ot and comp cut in because of budget problems.

Now this department responds with 17 cops and a helicopter for 4 people exercising their legal right?! Talk about a waste of public funds.

Post imported post

theschultz wrote:
    Many of us are proud! You were relentless! When's somebody gonna sue em? Does PrePaid legal cover this? Maybe if you're arrested?

Dave
    Send me $200K and I'll take them on. Cash or money order.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Banned

Post imported post

eastcoast wrote:
    My Bro in law says San Jose PD is under manned by 250 officers and had his ot and comp cut in because of budget problems.

Now this department responds with 17 cops and a helicopter for 4 people exercising their legal right?! Talk about a waste of public funds.
    San Pedro. Covered by LAPD Harbor Division.

Post imported post

Wow! And excellent job guys, very proud of you, keep it up! I would love to see more video!
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

I applaud you and your companions for your professional, polite, and outstanding demeanor!

I do believe, in my opinion, that this needs to be aggressively corrected. It is this type of scenario that the Officer creates, by initiating negative contact, and acting in an illegal manner.

It is specifically this type of activity, on behalf of the Officers, that creates the "us vs them" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

WOW! That is craziness. When is someone going to file a civil rights lawsuit. I have watched several similar videos on this site and each time the cops just don't care about the stopping people and demanding ID. One good civil judgement will make all the other PDs and Sheriff's look into this issue.

This guy is on crack if he thinks we need to call him before we come to town. I thought I was going to loose my mind watching this video.

Post imported post

Start calling the California Bar association, see if they can recommend some brand new go get 'em lawyer who will take the case on contingency.

It is not about money. Although money is nice. It is about wrong and illegal.
    I went to court for a traffic offense this summer I didn't know I committed, the state decides I have damaged the state and I must pay compensation and this will deter me from making this mistake in the future. In the form of my ticket/fine. The same when you misjudge the time and your parking meter runs out. You screwed up you pay.

Since there seems to be no state penalties for illegal detainment by officers and other gov. officials sadly the only recourse we have is civil suits. This is why I am not a fan of just accepting apologies and let's carry on there is no incentive to stop their actions because it won't stop.