• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

video of LA open carry stop 4 January.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Oh wow.....good job. Did they know they were being recorded. They admitted you were doing nothing unlawful. Her statements at the end were horrendous. How do they know anybody is not a felon? Keep up the good work, and don't let this deter your legally protected method of carrying.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

We-the-People

imported post

Considering the totally bankrupt condition California finds itself in, at all levels of government, it is SO time to really start pushing.

UOC events wtih 3-4 people, concurrently, within a single jurisdiction, so that law enforcement can not respond with such rediculous manpower to "investigate" (i.e. trample rights) citizens who are lawfully going about their business.

I now live in Oregon, where I open carry exclusively,but I am a political refugee from the PRK. I now find myself travelling home two weekends a month because my father recently passed on. Since I am going tothe town where I grew up and know where all the schools are, I will be joining the ranks of the UOCers in California.....I just have to determine which of my firearms I will be able to carry since we do not have rediculous magazine capacity laws here in Oregon.

It is time!

A ECNALG

imported post

And I scanned the roof tops for snipers teams, too. Nothing ! Helicopter...yes. Paramedic's unit....yes. But no SWAT or sniper teams. It was like they didn't really love us! Sniffle, sniffle.

Maybe theyreserve that kinda stuff for parties of eight of more who stand around drinking icy-blended mochas.

SurferStevo

imported post

Good video - but man is that guys voice annoying!
Funny though, that one cop had no idea how to check a 1911! :banghead:

eastcoast

imported post

My Bro in law says San Jose PD is under manned by 250 officers and had his ot and comp cut in because of budget problems.

Now this department responds with 17 cops and a helicopter for 4 people exercising their legal right?! Talk about a waste of public funds.:cuss:

Gundude

imported post

theschultz wrote:
Many of us are proud! You were relentless! When's somebody gonna sue em? Does PrePaid legal cover this? Maybe if you're arrested?

Dave
Send me $200K and I'll take them on. Cash or money order.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

eastcoast wrote:
My Bro in law says San Jose PD is under manned by 250 officers and had his ot and comp cut in because of budget problems.

Now this department responds with 17 cops and a helicopter for 4 people exercising their legal right?! Talk about a waste of public funds.:cuss:
San Pedro. Covered by LAPD Harbor Division.

slowfiveoh

imported post

I applaud you and your companions for your professional, polite, and outstanding demeanor!

I do believe, in my opinion, that this needs to be aggressively corrected. It is this type of scenario that the Officer creates, by initiating negative contact, and acting in an illegal manner.

It is specifically this type of activity, on behalf of the Officers, that creates the "us vs them" mentality.

bomb_guy

imported post

WOW! That is craziness. When is someone going to file a civil rights lawsuit. I have watched several similar videos on this site and each time the cops just don't care about the stopping people and demanding ID. One good civil judgement will make all the other PDs and Sheriff's look into this issue.

This guy is on crack if he thinks we need to call him before we come to town. I thought I was going to loose my mind watching this video.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Start calling the California Bar association, see if they can recommend some brand new go get 'em lawyer who will take the case on contingency.

It is not about money. Although money is nice. It is about wrong and illegal.
I went to court for a traffic offense this summer I didn't know I committed, the state decides I have damaged the state and I must pay compensation and this will deter me from making this mistake in the future. In the form of my ticket/fine. The same when you misjudge the time and your parking meter runs out. You screwed up you pay.

Since there seems to be no state penalties for illegal detainment by officers and other gov. officials sadly the only recourse we have is civil suits. This is why I am not a fan of just accepting apologies and let's carry on there is no incentive to stop their actions because it won't stop.