• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun senator shoots home intruder.

Eagle-Six

imported post

So an Anti-gun senator of N.C shoots a home intruder.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/n...hoots_wounds_intruder_at_his_home/287987/P10/

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Kinda puts the lie to the Federalist Papers argument that legislators will be inclined to be careful about the laws they pass because they will be subject to them, too.

Of course, the Anti-federalists knew thatargument was baloney clear back in 1790; its just nice to see another example.

Statesman

imported post

Looks like the hypocrite has been indited on assault charges.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...tate-Sen-R-C-Soles-indicted-on-assault-charge

Published: Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 3:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 6:28 p.m.

State Sen. R.C. Soles, the state's longest-serving legislator, was indicted Thursday on a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injury.

The Attorney General's Office presented a bill of indictment to a Columbus County grand jury. The charge carries a possible sentence of 15 to 31 months in prison.

(continued on link above)

Two Hands

imported post

Eagle_Six Wrote "It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can."

Ain't it the truth? Preach Brother!

Flashbang

imported post

Why are so many talking about being saddened in that article? This is exactly what he wants for the rest of us. Virginia had a very anti-gun governor who, in spite of State Police protection, felt it necessary to keep a loaded gun at his bedside. It is oh so typical of that political mindset.