• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. Membership Drive Status

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

On January 8th 2010 Wisconsin Carry, Inc. filed a lawsuit in Federal Court to challenge the constitutionality of Wisconsin's onerous Gun Free School Zone Act on behalf of our members and the residents of the state of Wisconsin.

A copy of this lawsuit can be viewed here:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/GFSZ_Complaint.pdf

We began a membership drive to fund this lawsuit and establish a network of in-state freedom-minded residents to carry out our mission across Wisconsin.

We have had fantastic response from our initial email to our email-list of around 1000 people, but funding this lawsuit will require YOUR support as well.

If you haven't joined Wisconsin Carry, please consider doing so. Annual membership is $15. "Membership" is very important for several reasons. Your membership in Wisconsin Carry will afford you:

-Charter membership in an organization that has demonstrated it will take marked action to support and defend your rights in Wisconsin.

-Access to our semi-annual conference call/web chat where you can gain information directly from the Wisconsin Carry board and also share your thoughts and ideas.

-The opportunity to be a part of Wisconsin Carry as one of our county-level coordinators which will be selected from members who would like to be active in our efforts.

"Membership" is extremely important because in addition to providing critical funding for this and future lawsuits, it allows us to have a vetted network of freedom-minded gun owners in Wisconsin who have demonstrated their support of our cause. With this screened group we can share non-public information with. Something we wouldn't be able to do with a public "anyone can come and go" forum.

Wisconsin Carry does not disparage the efforts of any other gun rights groups in Wisconsin. We have been contacted by other Wisconsin gun-rights groups who have expressed their support of our efforts.

Please take this opportunity to become a charter member of an organization that will be a formidable force on behalf of law-abiding gun-owners in Wisconsin for generations to come. Membership numbers are assigned sequentially. Join now and your low member number will demonstrate to your children and grandchildren that you became a part of the fight to preserve freedom in Wisconsin when the fight was new.

Permanent membership numbers for general members began at #1000. Members making initial contributions of greater than $100 will receive a permanent membership number between #5 and #999 based on order of receipt of your membership contribution.

To join Wisconsin Carry please visit our website:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/

where you can find a printable membership application:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/MembershipApplication.pdf

You can also join Wisconsin Carry instantly using our on-line application:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/secure/php/application.php

Carry on!

Nik Clark
Chairman
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Member #1

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

In addition, Wisconsin Carry, Inc. will be at the:

2010 Northern Wisconsin Deer Classic & Outdoor Expo Booth #130

to be held in Eau Claire, WI January 29, 30, and 31.

We look forward to meeting with the public and signing up many NEW members this weekend, so please help get out the word to everybody you know.

Carry On

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
www.WisconsinCarry.org
Hubert@WisconsinCarry.org
608-792-0669

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I was planning on donating $100 to Wisconsin Carry Inc. wihile at the 2010 Northern Wisconsin Whitetail Expo. Would that be $1 short of permanent membership?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Anyone remember Wisconsin Patriots and/or visit their web page, or check their alexa numbers?

Everyone should remember them. It was only because of direct action by Gene German and the WI Patriots that the AG wrote his memo. Letters were sent to the various DAs asking them to request an opinion from the AG.

Beating the charges by those in SE WI definitely set the stage and greased the wheels of progress but was not enough by itself to compel the AG to do so. A certain number ofDAs had to request the opinion directly before Vanhollen would act.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

, it seems that we need a separate sub-forum for these Wisconsinites to conduct their business - or their own forum. Anyone remember Wisconsin Patriots and/or visit their web page, or check their alexa numbers?

Wisconsin Carry was organized and incorporated at the urging of Mike Stollenwerk, one of the founders of Opencarry.org

He has also requested that I register and post announcements here.

Also, to the individual who registered and is posing as "Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Ch. Executive Off" You are neither authorized nor will you be permitted to misrepresent yourself as a board member nor officer of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Lastly, Wisconsin Carry was formed to take substantive action to protect and advice YOUR gun rights in Wisconsin. We chose to do more than talk about advancing gun rights but rather "do" something. Filing a federal lawsuit was not cheap, nor did it come without months of preparation and significant time and money investment from those involved. This investment was made, and lawsuit filed before we ever asked for a penny of support from anyone. We took action first and asked for nothing more than $15 of support from others to support what we have done, not what we promised we would do.

I recognize there will always be those who would sit behind a keyboard and disparage the work of others. Its clear that kind of tactic is employed by a few select individual on this forum. Thats a shame, as those individuals drive dozens of well-intentioned people from this site.

I offer my sincere appreciation to the scores of people who have joined Wisconsin Carry to support this lawsuit and our future efforts. To those who choose not to join Wisconsin Carry, we will not question your decision, nor your motives. I will however, ask that you refrain from the kind of self-gratifying on-line behavior that has plagued the Wisconsin Forum here from time to time and not sabotage our efforts.

Nik Clark
Chairman
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WisconsinCarryInc is doing what we have been talking about on these boards for almost a year now, maybe longer. They are challenging the constitutionality of the GFSZ. Every member on the Board of WisconsinCarry is a respected member of OCDO. Nik, Hubert we know these guys. I am a member of WisconsinCarry because I do not wish to live under the Felony GFSZ act and this seems the most effective way to go aboutgetting ridof it.

Jesus

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Parabellum wrote:
WisconsinCarryInc is doing what we have been talking about on these boards for almost a year now, maybe longer. They are challenging the constitutionality of the GFSZ. Every member on the Board of WisconsinCarry is a respected member of OCDO. Nik, Hubert we know these guys. I am a member of WisconsinCarry because I do not wish to live under the Felony GFSZ act and this seems the most effective way to go aboutgetting ridof it.

Jesus
I became a member as well. Although I don't have much extra money laying around, becoming a member was the least I could do to help them out. Now I can say I'm a part of that :D.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Fro more information, below is a link to the 2010 Northern Wisconsin Whitetail & Outdoor Expo.

http://www.amdeerclassics.com/shows/northern-wisconsin/

It is being held at the Eau Claire Indoor Sports Center on the South West side.

The address is 3456 Craig Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701. It is really easy to get to off I-94's Highway 37 exit.

Here's a link to get you there. http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=indoor+sports&near=Eau+Claire,+WI&f=d&daddr=3456+Craig+Road,+Eau+Claire,+WI+54701-6977&ie=UTF8&om=1&fb=1&view=map&geocode=CZs6_LSF00xIFaVZqwIdHoeL-g&ved=0CBYQ_wY&sa=X&ei=fPBeS-6MBInwMtvzzNgB

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Anyone remember Wisconsin Patriots and/or visit their web page, or check their alexa numbers?

Everyone should remember them. It was only because of direct action by Gene German and the WI Patriots that the AG wrote his memo. Letters were sent to the various DAs asking them to request an opinion from the AG.

Beating the charges by those in SE WI definitely set the stage and greased the wheels of progress but was not enough by itself to compel the AG to do so. A certain number ofDAs had to request the opinion directly before Vanhollen would act.
I would think that there are plenty of members here that would disagree with you on that.
I believe members such as Lammie, BNH, Hugh Jarmis and many more that had kept up the pressure had much more influence on the AG's memo the anything that Gene German has done.
Now you don't have to take my word for it, I am only speaking as a state employee who is familiar with how Madison works.
The AG here in Wisconsin has no obligation to address any comments by the general public of Wisconsin let alone the general public outside of Wisconsin.
Gene German and his group are from Minnesota. It may be best for them to worry about what goes on there and let us worry about what goes on in our state.
Don't get me started on their motives again. Fact is the Wisconsin Patriots have been idle for ever. A very weak voice at best.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I have no problem supporting WisconsinCarry Inc. We need a place to start and it looks as good as any. The initiative is there, the knowledge and legal expertise is there, I say full speed ahead.
Anything I can do to help let me know.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I would like to join, but I am unable to donate funds at this time. As there didn't seem to be a option to join with out clicking on the DONATE icon I will defer.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
joined - #2503
Is that your membership number? I haven't gotten mine yet, although I got an e-mail on the 20th to thank me for joining.