• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how often do you oc?

manicdevery

imported post

I just got a thigh rig for my .357 my by dan reagan(great work) which will make it alot easier for me to OC in the colder months, the only CON to my 357 is its over double the weight than my glock and less than half the rounds, apart from that, sweet piece with amazing balistics.

Devery

easy

imported post

T Vance wrote:
easy wrote:
P.S. Anyone wish to meet for coffee some time? I’m in Jackson.
I just left Kimberguy a message to see if he wants to meet up at the Corona smoke shop sometime this week. Would you like to meet up there. I think they have a coffee machine.
sure, i would like that

easy

imported post

DanM wrote:
easy wrote:
I do OC at times but as a general rule I CC

Most OC'ers alsofall along the carry spectrum between OC and CC (where allowed), rather than being 100% OC. Many do both at the same time (primary open, BUG concealed).

As you mention, personal tactical considerations are taken into account by everyone. I've never met an OC'er who said, "Well, I OC even when I don't feel tactically comfortable OC'ing."

Situational awareness is, by far, the greatest tactical advantage. Surprise is a good tactical advantage after a crime is in progress, but if you are situationally aware enough to be subconsciously identifyingpotential perpetrators, watching their actions, and covering them well before anything happens, then it doesn't matter if you are OC'ing or CC'ing. In fact, OC'ing means you'll be quicker to pinning them with the threat of lethal force if necessary.

I'd rather be fully situationally aware and quickest to the draw than anything else, personally.

Thanks for your view on your personal tactical choice. Interesting discussion.
Dirty Harry Said It Best

“A Man Has Got To Know His Limitations”

cabman1

imported post

T Vance wrote:
easy wrote:
I just left Kimberguy a message to see if he wants to meet up at the Corona smoke shop sometime this week. Would you like to meet up there. I think they have a coffee machine.

I oc evertime I leave the house unless I am in an ambulance!!!!ill be there dont smoke or drink coffee but ill be there

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

You can OC in the winter with the right rig.

I don't have my CPL [Although I did submit my application last week, yay me!]
so I got a drop leg rig... but I carry everywhere I legally can, and have it at least 'accessible' wherever I go.

As much as my dad would rather I didn't, I OC 100 percent of the time. That number will probably go down a little once I get my CPL, due to laziness [oh darn my coat covered it, oh well], but thats about it...

...although you may not want to use me as an example since I also have little shame in open carrying my AK 'michigan pistol', as some of you know :p

dereksj

imported post

i carry my gun everyday everywhere (where permitted of course) i put it on with my wallet out of habit and i oc 90% of the time and only cc when im in my truck of course and when my coat is on which is rare that i wear one

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Michigander wrote:
RabbiVJ wrote:
as much as it pains me to admit, i havent had the cajones to OC yet...

If you don't feel comfortable and confident OCing, DON'T DO IT!. There is nothing more serious you can do that choosing to carry a deadly weapon. You need to be completely positive it's right for you if you want to carry, and you need to choose your method of carry carefully too.
you're right, its something I need to build up and gain the comfort of doing...

easy

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
easy wrote:

I oc evertime I leave the house unless I am in an ambulance!!!!ill be there dont smoke or drink coffee but ill be there
i am open to almost anytime and anyplace.

FatboyCykes

imported post

easy wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
easy wrote:

Monkey bars; Noon.

eastmeyers

imported post

I OC and CC. I OC when my shirt happens to be tucked in. Like if I'm wearing dress shirt/pants, or getting off of work, which my shirt is tucked in. I also OC in PFZs just to keep it legal. Normally though I CC. I would say I OC 25% of the time.

God Bless

T Vance

imported post

easy wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
easy wrote:

Maybe sometime next week. How does next Thursday night work for anyone?

easy

imported post

T Vance wrote:
easy wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
easy wrote:

Maybe sometime next week. How does next Thursday night work for anyone?
I should be good for that day