• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I OC'ed at Red Wing Shoes / SAFETY FOOTWEAR AND APPAREL

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I was driving by the other day and sawa Day Glow Vest of this shoe repair store the other day (like the one "nova" wears when we do our Open Carry litter pick-up so I stopped in.

Spoke to a nice girl named Lucina (sp?) and saw a whole rack full of 5.11 clothing and gear (some other brands too). Personally, I like "Propper" better and she said she is also a "Propper" dealer. This is about two miles from my home and I had no idea it existed.

She asked if I was Law Enforcement and I said no and explained Open Carry. I also told her that the Health Food store across Route 7 from her was robbed last week (she knew that).

She seemed very excited to learn about being able to carry without a "license" and wanted more information.

When I left there, she had some Open Carry Cards and some VCDL info cards. I will go back and pick up a pair of pants and ask if I can leave a stack of VCDL cards on the counter.

They give a discount to LEO's now and I will see if I can get that extended to OCDC and VCDL.

Their address is:

Red Wing Shoes / SAFETY FOOTWEAR AND APPAREL / SHOE & LUGGAGE REPAIR
46950 community plaza
Sterling, VA 20164
703-430-0387

P.S. I also OC at Santini's right next door (good sandwiches)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Have OCd at Red Wing in Richmond on Midlothian Trpk. also without problems.

IMO - they have the best boot/shoe repair in town - they resoled a pair of 40 yo kangaroo boots and they feel and look great - no arch bow.

Yata hey

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
She seemed very excited

I don't think my original post wasgutter, but I think the edited version was.;)

She wasprobably impressed with your your huge humvee (aka hummer), your magnets and your status as one of VCDL's executive members.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
I just spoke to Lucina again. she will give 10% discount (or more depending on the item)to VCDL/OCDO members. Order in person or by phone.

Ed
That is a winner.

Maybe we should have a list of those places that give such a courtesy.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Would the http://friendorfoe.us/ site work for this?
Maybe for OC... But I think that VCDL needs a link on their page called DISCOUNTS or member benefits..

and a list of places that you get a discount just for being a VCDL member. Heck.. Buy a couple pair of 5.11 pants and your discount paid your VCDL membership for the next year. Thats a pretty good benefit.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
rlh2005 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Would the http://friendorfoe.us/ site work for this?
Maybe for OC... But I think that VCDL needs a link on their page called DISCOUNTS or member benefits..

and a list of places that you get a discount just for being a VCDL member. Heck.. Buy a couple pair of 5.11 pants and your discount paid your VCDL membership for the next year. Thats a pretty good benefit.
And it promotes/supports those businesses that are friendly to VCDL/RKBA - it is a two way street - benefits both.

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

ed wrote:

Yes, +1!

Presumably, a business offers a discount to both support the organization, and to promote their business and increase sales. If the rest of the members don't know about it, it doesn't help the business at all.

TFred