Thread: Babysitter or Executive Protection detail?

Post imported post

So, I am OCing at a local Fast Food joint with my 2 & 5 yo Boys, we are in one of the play areas (lots of noise) My Father In-Law callsand asked me, "Are you babysitting?" I say;''No, I am on Executive Protection Detail!"

Then I thought I am their "First Response" person not only for Self Protection, but I am Certifed in CPR & Basic First Aid, and my firefighter training will come in handy, which consist of knowing where the nearest exit is located! lol
    Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
    So, I am OCing at a local Fast Food joint with my 2 & 5 yo Boys, we are in one of the play areas (lots of noise) My Father In-Law callsand asked me, "Are you babysitting?" I say;''No, I am on Executive Protection Detail!"

Then I thought I am their "First Response" person not only for Self Protection, but I am Certifed in CPR & Basic First Aid, and my firefighter training will come in handy, which consist of knowing where the nearest exit is located! lol
    lol. I think all parents are on executive protection detail; for themselves that is. hehehehe Kids these days can rip you to shreds and drive you insane. I put up a sign once on the fence that said, "Forget about the dog! Beware of KIDS!!!"

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

They are our future, our legacy.

If they do not learn from us those things that really matter, from whom will they learn.

Kudos to all of you with children who take the time, energy and patience to be responsible parents. It isn't free either is it.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

This reminds me of when my son was about 3. I was down in my den reloading my son standing next to me pulling the handle down on the press.Soon he takes off I hear this odd noise up stairs? I'm just getting up to check then it stops. So I go back about what I'm doing then I hear this racket banging down the stairs..My heart drops an I take off running to see a chair that has met it's fate> I look up the stair well to see him on his way down. WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? I need to sit down to help you dad we are going to awhile. I about died laughing!!! A proud poppa :celebrate