• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Babysitter or Executive Protection detail?

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

So, I am OCing at a local Fast Food joint with my 2 & 5 yo Boys, we are in one of the play areas (lots of noise) My Father In-Law callsand asked me, "Are you babysitting?" I say;''No, I am on Executive Protection Detail!"

Then I thought I am their "First Response" person not only for Self Protection, but I am Certifed in CPR & Basic First Aid, and my firefighter training will come in handy, which consist of knowing where the nearest exit is located! lol

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
So, I am OCing at a local Fast Food joint with my 2 & 5 yo Boys, we are in one of the play areas (lots of noise) My Father In-Law callsand asked me, "Are you babysitting?" I say;''No, I am on Executive Protection Detail!"

Then I thought I am their "First Response" person not only for Self Protection, but I am Certifed in CPR & Basic First Aid, and my firefighter training will come in handy, which consist of knowing where the nearest exit is located! lol
lol. I think all parents are on executive protection detail; for themselves that is. hehehehe Kids these days can rip you to shreds and drive you insane. I put up a sign once on the fence that said, "Forget about the dog! Beware of KIDS!!!" :lol:

Kevin

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

They are our future, our legacy.

If they do not learn from us those things that really matter, from whom will they learn.

Kudos to all of you with children who take the time, energy and patience to be responsible parents. It isn't free either is it.

Yata hey

caverat

imported post

This reminds me of when my son was about 3. I was down in my den reloading my son standing next to me pulling the handle down on the press.Soon he takes off I hear this odd noise up stairs? I'm just getting up to check then it stops. So I go back about what I'm doing then I hear this racket banging down the stairs..My heart drops an I take off running to see a chair that has met it's fate> I look up the stair well to see him on his way down. WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? I need to sit down to help you dad we are going to awhile. I about died laughing!!! A proud poppa :celebrate