• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man With a Gun Call, Shots fired by police in Centralia

Batousaii

imported post

My point - was simply manners and politeness, i am not one whom feels the need to berate or throw flak to a fellow OCer for a simple grievance of opinion. Apparently others feel the need to crack on others for something as petty as taking a guess at what could be happening.I know .. it's the interwebs, but in reality, people here meet up and try to create something past simply an online effort. I'd say most here are ok, sadly, we getting a lot of attitude lately, noticed it more and more in just the short time i been here. I seen some good peeps leave for the same reason that inclines me to do the same.

- Anyways, enjoy your forum, think i'm done here for a while. The flavor here is a bitbrash for my a tastes....

<tips hat>

:?Bat.

swatspyder

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
My point - was simply manners and politeness, i am not one whom feels the need to berate or throw flak to a fellow OCer for a simple grievance of opinion. Apparently others feel the need to crack on others for something as petty as taking a guess at what could be happening.I know .. it's the interwebs, but in reality, people here meet up and try to create something past simply an online effort. I'd say most here are ok, sadly, we getting a lot of attitude lately, noticed it more and more in just the short time i been here. I seen some good peeps leave for the same reason that inclines me to do the same.

- Anyways, enjoy your forum, think i'm done here for a while. The flavor here is a bitbrash for my a tastes....

<tips hat>

You'll be back ;)

tyguy808

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Batousaii wrote:
My point - was simply manners and politeness, i am not one whom feels the need to berate or throw flak to a fellow OCer for a simple grievance of opinion. Apparently others feel the need to crack on others for something as petty as taking a guess at what could be happening. I know .. it's the interwebs, but in reality, people here meet up and try to create something past simply an online effort. I'd say most here are ok, sadly, we getting a lot of attitude lately, noticed it more and more in just the short time i been here. I seen some good peeps leave for the same reason that inclines me to do the same.

- Anyways, enjoy your forum, think i'm done here for a while. The flavor here is a bit brash for my a tastes....

<tips hat>

:? Bat.
You'll be back ;)

They always come back.:lol:

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Batousaii wrote:

<tips hat>

Bat, it's good that you realize this is the "innaa webzz". But you don't have to let that affect you. It's the environment created by the anonymity of being behind a screen and keyboard. You know someone wouldn't give you that crap in person. And you know why;).

Someone shows respect, they earn respect. Easy as that. You leave, then you leave on the contributing members, the jerks won't care. (Maybe they'll miss you, who knows:)). Just ignore it, treat them as spam. If they need ever need help, they'll learn eventually that they need to pull their crap together. (Or they could just make a new username :lol:)

By "taking a break" or "leaving", then you are letting the terrorists (trolls, jerks, potty mouths) win! You're not going to let them do that are you???

DaemonForce

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
You would think with all the money in the banking business they would be able to afford good quality cameras....I love the closeup of the officer pointing a gun though.

Of course they can. They just can't afford BPAs that know what they're doing.

Since I've been experiencing a few problems in my neighborhood that probably qualify as "vehicle prowls" I could either go out every day armed, or have someone else do it for me. I know there's an easy way to do this but I still don't have all the information together. Either way I'll probably be using a Microsoft VX-6000 or better(unlike these chumps).I should probably go to school.

M1Gunr wrote:
I can't get my bank to open on time and if I read correctly this person was in the bank before 7am?????
Ninja is also time-travelling futureman? :?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Batousaii wrote:

<tips hat>

Bat, it's good that you realize this is the "innaa webzz". But you don't have to let that affect you. It's the environment created by the anonymity of being behind a screen and keyboard. You know someone wouldn't give you that crap in person. And you know why;).

Someone shows respect, they earn respect. Easy as that. You leave, then you leave on the contributing members, the jerks won't care. (Maybe they'll miss you, who knows:)). Just ignore it, treat them as spam. If they need ever need help, they'll learn eventually that they need to pull their crap together. (Or they could just make a new username :lol:)

By "taking a break" or "leaving", then you are letting the terrorists (trolls, jerks, potty mouths) win! You're not going to let them do that are you???
+1

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

I love it! I call BS when someone is speculating and drawing conclusions about something there is obviously NO INFORMATION about, and I'M the troll/jerk/potty-mouth... used to be the other way around.

I miss the days when Mainsail was posting police scanner news by the minute and Bear45/70 had a different pissing match every night of the week.

I have nothing against anyone on this board (well...maybe Bear 45/70, but he's been gone a while), have gone to OC meetings when I can attend, and OC whenever possible. I was there at the meeting at Dino'sa while back when discussing the Seattle parks ban. I have been a contributing member of this board since 2007. Don't believe me, check my posts.

My problem with what has been happening on this board is that a significant number of people do not use logic before they post. Forum 55 used to be the living gun rights wikipedia for Washington state, and now it's turned into a dumping ground for speculation. I don't send people here anymore, because of it. I used to send people here acouple years ago, because I knew they would get correct information.

The voice-of-reason and logic is dimming in this forum. Heaven-forbid me pointing that out.:uhoh:

DaemonForce

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
The voice-of-reason and logic is dimming in this forum. Heaven-forbid me pointing that out.:uhoh:

This is probably a convenient moment to point out the truth that more than 90% of my generation suffers from a permanent lack of sense.

Just needed to get that out there. :arrow:

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

G20-IWB24/7, just to let you know, nothing about my post was about you. I was just telling Bat, don't leave because of what someone says on the forum. Jerk, potty mouth, troll, was just an example I threw in.