Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC stories by Sam

Post imported post

I first OC'd at Walmart. It was a rush, as any new experience. Situational awareness has a new meaning to me now. Thankfully no one asked me about my firearm because I had just got it (my first) and probably would have grinned the entire conversation.

Now once at Walmart there was a cashier who shocked me. I was in a contest with my better half as to who would could choose the faster line. She chose the shortest with a gallon of milk, while I chose the quickest looking cashier with the beer. =) I won! Whilst waiting at the end of her line for her, the cashier kept looking at me. His stare hit me like a tidal wave. It was even affecting his work! LOL! He stumbled on some item and apologized to the customer for being distracted. Then in front of some random customer (my girlfriend was next) he says aloud "Are you going to shoot me?" =-O I thought OMFG why did he say that? Everyone of course immediately looked at me including my gf who's mouth had dropped. I was surprisingly cool as I never am and am usually thinking of a good comeback on the way home. I smiled, kept my hands in front of me fingers crossed holding the bag and said "No sir, you are safe Safer in fact now that I'm here." He then finished with his customer and my girlfriend was next. I walked up to her and held the small of her back so everyone would know why the man with the gun was standing at the end of the line instead of in it. He then asked
    "What kind of rifle is that, is that a 9mm?" His slight slur when he spoke, his facial features, calling my pistol a rifle, even his gestures made me realize he was mentally handicapped. I smiled politley and said "No it's a .45"
    "Oh are you a officer?"
    "No but everywhere I go is a little bit safer."
    "Oh yea, so you are a security, I know."
    "No I work in a factory."
    "Yea security cool, oo these taste good!" (My gf picked up some gum whilst waiting in line) we completed the transaction and left. =)

Another time at a pawn shop (no posting against weapons) I walked in. All three employees were OC'ing. I walked towards the one who happened to be smiling. He asked me "Do you really think you need that here?" pointing at the pistol on my hip. "You that paranoid?" I looked at everyone, they were all smiling.
    I replied "You are really ******* stupid you know that?" I held up the piece of paper I was holding and said "Here's my pistol permit, here's my 300 dollars" (tapping on my pocket) I then walked away with out looking at anyone. I doubt they were still smiling as they realized I was the one who called earlier asking about a Taurus.

Just today I was in Food Lion. My Taurus .45 is at home sick (waiting on a replacement part). So I took my Hi-Point .45. The female manager asked me "Is that an HK?" I smiled and said "No not yet, can't afford one right now" She walked by looking at my hip and said to herself "Oh it's a Hi-Point"
    "You sound disapointed."
    "I hate Hi-Points."
    "Why?"
    "They are cheap."
    "Mine was inexpensive, but it works just fine."
    "I wouldn't trust my life to one."
    "I've tested it, and it works fine, gos boom just like my others." She stayed quiet so I said "Give me your number and we can hit the range one day for a little competition." She smiled and said "Nu.. No I can't" She then rushed off behind the customer help desk. LOL! I forgot for a minute that I am not single. It's hard to safety the flirt gun. ^_^

Post imported post

From your description of the second event, it seems they could have been joking with you.

Post imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
    Sam wrote:
    Another time at a pawn shop (no posting against weapons) I walked in. All three employees were OC'ing. I walked towards the one who happened to be smiling. He asked me "Do you really think you need that here?" pointing at the pistol on my hip. "You that paranoid?" I looked at everyone, they were all smiling.
    I replied "You are really ******* stupid you know that?" I held up the piece of paper I was holding and said "Here's my pistol permit, here's my 300 dollars" (tapping on my pocket) I then walked away with out looking at anyone. I doubt they were still smiling as they realized I was the one who called earlier asking about a Taurus.
    From your description of the second event, it seems they could have been joking with you.
    Wow. I reckon youngSam showed them! :shock:

Post imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
    That's what I was thinking also.

Post imported post

I wouldn't be so sure. Most of my negative comments have come in a pawn shop looking at guns. I don't shop there unless I have to. And most of my arguments about OC have been with gun owners, not anti's. Wouldn't surprise me if he was right about his feeling there. And you can't repeat the tone of the comment on the net.

Post imported post

I agree that tone can't be conveyed fully when on a forum. Though, from the description of the second event a couple of different interpretations can be had.
    We weren't there to witness/feel the tone either.

Just pointing out how it is coming across.

Post imported post

Very hard to insert tone into text. You don't know how many times something I meant to sound funny offended someone because of the "tone" they thought I had. LOL! :P

I should have included that while looking around I was analyzing everyone's reaction, including the man who said it. I was fairly certain he thought I was an idiot. The other employees seemed to be thinking "There he goes again, lets see if this one puts up a fight." The employee who said it had this smirk on his face. The look said it all.

Even if he meant nothing by it, and his face always looked like that (which is a stretch) the first thing I would expect to hear is
    "Hello, how can I help you?" Is that too much to ask?

Post imported post

Sam wrote:
    Just today I was in Food Lion. My Taurus .45 is at home sick (waiting on a replacement part). So I took my Hi-Point .45. The female manager asked me "Is that an HK?" I smiled and said "No not yet, can't afford one right now" She walked by looking at my hip and said to herself "Oh it's a Hi-Point"
    "You sound disapointed."
    "I hate Hi-Points."
    "Why?"
    "They are cheap."
    "Mine was inexpensive, but it works just fine."
    "I wouldn't trust my life to one."
    "I've tested it, and it works fine, gos boom just like my others." She stayed quiet so I said "Give me your number and we can hit the range one day for a little competition." She smiled and said "Nu.. No I can't" She then rushed off behind the customer help desk. LOL! I forgot for a minute that I am not single. It's hard to safety the flirt gun. ^_^
    http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5010941

LOL, You would have had better luck with the HK!

Post imported post

While I disagree with the idea that people shouldn't own or carry hi-points, I rather enjoyed the end of the video.

Interesting new concept though - buy a nicer gun and have better luck with the ladies.

Post imported post

LOL! I love the affordable Hi-Points but this video was hilarious!

Luckily for me I'm not out trying to impress ladies. (Or at least I shouldn't be) I'm glad I didn't have any of my "nicer" guns on me. I don't need any help getting in trouble! XD

Post imported post

CarryOpen wrote:
    While I disagree with the idea that people shouldn't own or carry hi-points, I rather enjoyed the end of the video.

Interesting new concept though - buy a nicer gun and have better luck with the ladies.
    Did you watch the other video?

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5004421

Post imported post

I lol'd at that one too.

Post imported post

I need to get me a high-point. That way if my firearm fails I'd have something to throw at the BG.
    :celebrate

Post imported post

Rugerp345 wrote:
    I need to get me a high-point. That way if my firearm fails I'd have something to throw at the BG.
    :celebrate
    Don't forget your rape whistle!

Post imported post

ROFLMAO !

Post imported post

They would work better as a night stick, not as a projectile. I have dubbed mine "The Hammer."

Post imported post

I OC'd at Walmart this morning during the storm. I did an e-brake slide into the parking spot. I can never resist playing in the snow. Two employees smoking outside asked "How are the main roads?" I told them they were about the same as the parking lot.

"They must be bad if you are carrying a gun, ha ha!"
    "Nah, that's regardless of the weather. "

As we went inside I asked my girlfriend "I don't get it, am I supposed to shoot the snow?" She smiled and shrugged the 'I dunno' shrug. I still don't get it. Maybe I'm over thinking it. He was probably just being nice.

I love SNOW!:celebrate

Post imported post

Speaking of pawn shops, there was one in Dunn a few years ago that had the dumbest sign I'ver ever seen.. well, it was a close tie with the one Randy Young Had/Has on the front door of Young Guns in Apex..

Ricks Pawn in Dunn: "Purchase Permit required to Examine or Handle HandGuns".

Young Guns: CCP holders Please UNLOAD Handgun before entrance".

And they wonder why Ricks went under...LOL

Post imported post

When I first moved to NC I walked into a pawn shop and asked them if I could have a look at a pistol in the case. The reply was "Sure, just let me see your permit". I hadn't ever heard of one before.

Post imported post

Where was that??

Post imported post

Jacksonville

The shop is now closed.

Post imported post

ramfan07 wrote:
    Young Guns: CCP holders Please UNLOAD Handgun before entrance.
    So, do OC carriers not have to unload? What if you have a CCP but leave it in the car and OC into the shop? Do you unload then? Dumb.

A couple like that here in VB. I don't know why they do it, but I presume it's because they don't want people testing out accessories and holsters and things with loaded weapons.

It's pretty stupid. I don't patronize those places unless I'm with someone else and going to the range on their nickel.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

I OC everyday without incident.

Recently I went into 2 Sprint stores and no one seemed to notice.
    I did visit the local Walgreens at 1am and the cashier asked me how come I get to carry my gun. I told her anyone could carry as long as they can legally own a gun. I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to really educate. I may have to make another trip tonight armed with a pamphlet. ^_^

Post imported post

Different gun stores seem to erect their own policies for whatever reason.

I know that PDHSC in Garner wants you to have your gun unloaded when you walk into the store.

I forget what Lawmen's policy was.

Even Daddy's Rabbits in Lexington wants you to have your gun unloaded as well when you enter the premises.

Jim's Gun Shop in Garner (best gun store in the RDU area) didn't seem to have a OC/CC policy. That's why its still the best IMHO.

Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

CarryOpen wrote:
    When I first moved to NC I walked into a pawn shop and asked them if I could have a look at a pistol in the case. The reply was "Sure, just let me see your permit". I hadn't ever heard of one before.
    there is a pawn shop here in greensboro that will not let you handle a pistol without showing them a permit - still not sure why, unless it is their way of dealing with the riff-raff they have coming through the store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast