• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC stories by Sam

wylde007

imported post

ramfan07 wrote:
Young Guns: CCP holders Please UNLOAD Handgun before entrance.
So, do OC carriers not have to unload? What if you have a CCP but leave it in the car and OC into the shop? Do you unload then? Dumb.

A couple like that here in VB. I don't know why they do it, but I presume it's because they don't want people testing out accessories and holsters and things with loaded weapons.

It's pretty stupid. I don't patronize those places unless I'm with someone else and going to the range on their nickel.

Sam

imported post

I OC everyday without incident.

Recently I went into 2 Sprint stores and no one seemed to notice.
I did visit the local Walgreens at 1am and the cashier asked me how come I get to carry my gun. I told her anyone could carry as long as they can legally own a gun. I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to really educate. I may have to make another trip tonight armed with a pamphlet. ^_^

Custodian

imported post

Different gun stores seem to erect their own policies for whatever reason.

I know that PDHSC in Garner wants you to have your gun unloaded when you walk into the store.

I forget what Lawmen's policy was.

Even Daddy's Rabbits in Lexington wants you to have your gun unloaded as well when you enter the premises.

Jim's Gun Shop in Garner (best gun store in the RDU area) didn't seem to have a OC/CC policy. That's why its still the best IMHO.

RayBurton72

imported post

CarryOpen wrote:
When I first moved to NC I walked into a pawn shop and asked them if I could have a look at a pistol in the case. The reply was "Sure, just let me see your permit". I hadn't ever heard of one before.
there is a pawn shop here in greensboro that will not let you handle a pistol without showing them a permit - still not sure why, unless it is their way of dealing with the riff-raff they have coming through the store.

Bebog

imported post

Custodian wrote:
I know that PDHSC in Garner wants you to have your gun unloaded when you walk into the store.

I forget what Lawmen's policy was.
I have been in PDHSC many times while OC'ing, both shopping and just to use the range.

I was in Lawman's twice last week picking up .38 special while OC'ing my .45. No problem there either.

While I definitely do not doubt they both have some sort of policy, I have never had a problem. Then again I don't worry about un-posted policies either because I figure if they do not want my business they will ask me to leave.