• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Called the senate judiciary members

Brandnew

imported post

My rep is Jeanne Kohl-Welles and since she doesn't listen to her constituents, I called all 8 judiciary members.

To my surprise, 6 out of the 8 were answered within a few rings. That's amazing to me, and I plan on calling from now on.

I got "we will definitely oppose 6396" from:
Bob McCaslin
Mike Carrell
James Hargrove
Pam Roach

I got answering machines from:
Randy Gordon
Debbie Regala

I got "fine, we will add your name to the list, thanks goodbye" from my very irrational Kohl-Welles. And lastly, I was surprised to find that Adam Klines office was willing/interested in taking notes on my reasoning.

It's worth noting that I waited until today to make these calls because I thought it would be a hassle. All together, it took me less than 6 minutes to make all 8 calls and voice my opinion. It was amazingly painless to do it and I feel great about myself as a citizen for doing it. Keep calling folks, and make sure those who are opposing the bill feel appreciated!