• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big turnout looms for gun ban hearing in Oly

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

in memory of a Seattle teen

I am starting to get confused. Newstations always call a male at age 18 a man, a woman 18-20 a "teen". AWB Folks, call them babies. You call an 18 year old a teen. Which is it really?:banghead:

DaemonForce

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
I am starting to get confused. Newstations always call a male at age 18 a man, a woman 18-20 a "teen". AWB Folks, call them babies. You call an 18 year old a teen. Which is it really?:banghead:

Very simple: If it's a 18-19 year victim, it's a child. If it's a BG, automatic adult. ;)

compmanio365

imported post

Good article Dave.....I'd love to be at the hearing, but I have a little thing called "work" keeping me away. I firmly believe politicians capitalize on the theory that most people who would oppose lame bills like this and other such things won't be able to show at noon on a Tuesday.

And as far as gun owners being "angry", you're damn right we're angry. We have every right to be. But there's a big difference between being "angry" and being "unruly" or "mob-like". I'd like to think the vast majority of gun owners in the state, and even abroad, are "righteously pissed". The unmitigated GALL of these people, who are our elected officials, to think that they know best, despite the vast majority of the people saying this is a BAD idea, to push this on us anyways. That, despite all evidence in their face pointing to the fact that people do not want this, and oh yeah, that little thing called the "Constitution", both state AND federal, stating that this is blatantly WRONG.....they choose to go forward with this.

Get rid of this bill, then get rid of these people. Get them out of office, as soon as possible. The people will not stand for this.

44Brent

imported post

Following the link to http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=275037&page=1#commentsI read comments like the following

As a cop who own military style rifles . . .

I despise politicians who use the killing of cops like me to further their own political agenda. The Lakewood four were killed with a handgun, a revolver at that. Tim was killed with a California approved (read: highly restricted in features and type) military style rifle. Cops like me have used our own money to purchase military style patrol rifles to use in patrol work - facing the same onerous restrictions and qualifications as anyone else. Assault Rifles have been banned in our state for decades. Political hacks routinely and magically forget that. Ceasefire could care less about cops and they will use us to further their agenda. The IACP is routinely filled with political and liberal administrators and hacks - who care little about the citizens they serve or the street cops they operate over. And for Mr. Kline: when I spoke and e-mailed to you in past years about this, you screamed at me and said that just because I was a cop did not mean I knew what I was talking about. Yes Mr. Kline, I did not forget that and neither will you. I am a veteran cop, CJTC certified LE firearms and patrol rifle instructor and I COMPLETELY oppose ANY gun bills in front of the legislature or governor. I will use my position and experience to speak out against bills like this and I will do what is necessary to see the like of Kline and Kohl-Welles and Fairley and any others like their ilk out of office.

1245A Defender

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
in memory of a Seattle teen

dont forget, just a few days ago 18yrolds were called "a$$wipes"! i didnt like that at all. i support "your" bill. ive never seen a citizen actually cause legislation and im very proud of what youve accomplished so far.

keep going for the gusto! and remember... no pxxxx banks!

44Brent

imported post

Adam Kline, Ross Hunter, and Jeanne Kohl-Welles make a lot of noise about disliking guns.However, it would be a mistake to think that they are actually "anti-gun". In fact they are very pro-gun.

What they really want is for the government to have a monopoly on gun ownership. That is a small butvery important distinction that is never addressed by gun rights organizations.http://www.leg.wa.gov/senate/senators/pages/Kohl-Welles.aspx

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

dont forget, just a few days ago 18yrolds were called "a$$wipes"! i didnt like that at all. i support "your" bill. ive never seen a citizen actually cause legislation and im very proud of what youve accomplished so far.

keep going for the gusto! and remember... no pussy banks!
Thanks 1245A Defender. I will be heading down to the capitol tomorrow with Kevin S. BTW, what the heck is a pussy bank...

DaemonForce

imported post

I just have to ask: Why?

Is it too much to just own a simple firearm? Do these Senators even know what the United States Constitution reads? I don't carry but I'll be damned if I idly sit around andwait formy right to vaporize because some fool is too scared to think of the big picture. Or maybe he's just being bribed an incredible amount of money to do anything.

Kildars wrote:
I wouldn't mind a pussy bank, can I make a withdraw?

Someone needs a loan. The recession guarantees you'll havebetter credit in Chandler than in Fed Way butthe interest rate there has400% more crazy!:?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

They equate "righteous indignation" with being angry. It is not the same thing. They are "angry" because we don't want to let them run our lives and ruin our rights. Although they have no right to do this.

We are "righteously indignant" because we don't want them to and are willing to stand up against it oh and of course are "right" or correct in feeling this way.

olywa

imported post

Is there a place to check a pistol at the capital for the meeting? or should i leave it in the car?