• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thank you!

michaelj

imported post

Thank you for standing up for my rights. I am a long-time gun owner and won my first NRA badge when I was eleven years old in Wisconsin. Iread an articleabout the folks meeting at Peet's in San Ramon, CAand I especially liked how cool and calm you all were. I'd like to get involved and help spread the word.

Livermoron

imported post

You are welcome :D. I was one of the group in San Ramon at the recent meet-up. Unfortunately, Peet's Coffee & Tea (company wide) has now BANNED UOC in all of its locations. You are welcome to email, call, or write to voice your opinion to them.

Fortunately, STARBUCKS still has a back-bone and has rejected pressure from the Brady Campaign to ban UOC in its locations. Result, I now go to STARBUCKS whenever the coffee urge come a'calling. I also go to other businesses that I have had good experiences in while practicing UOC.

Carry On :celebrate,

Livermoron :cool:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Livermoron wrote:
You are welcome :D. I was one of the group in San Ramon at the recent meet-up. Unfortunately, Peet's Coffee & Tea (company wide) has now BANNED UOC in all of its locations. You are welcome to email, call, or write to voice your opinion to them.

Fortunately, STARBUCKS still has a back-bone and has rejected pressure from the Brady Campaign to ban UOC in its locations. Result, I now go to STARBUCKS whenever the coffee urge come a'calling. I also go to other businesses that I have had good experiences in while practicing UOC.

Carry On :celebrate,

Livermoron :cool:
I'm curious. How could the Brady Bunch put pressure on a private business to ban firearms?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

By trying to be alarmist and scaring the company into banning it.
I am curious do you think Brady bunch might have done this at Pete's? Or is this an isolated instance. Of hoplophobic management.